Dear Enatai Families,
I hope that you were able to enjoy the sunshine this weekend! As I’m putting the finishing touches on this newsletter, I am sitting outside and enjoying the warmth and breeze! Here at school, we are looking forward to the sunny recesses again and the ease of taking learning outside! The month of May will be a busy one at Enatai as we conclude state testing, take field trips, and begin to bring together all that has been learned this year!
Smarter Balanced State Testing
This month, state testing continues for students in Grades 3, 4, and 5. Below is the testing schedule:
*Updated May 7, 2019.
Fourth grade students have completed their literacy testing, fifth grade students are nearly finished with their literacy test, and third grade students will begin literacy testing this week. Math testing (as well as science for 5th grade) will begin the week of May 13th. The biggest support you can give your student(s) is making sure they get a good night’s rest and positive encouragement. We often have students who will work for a full day on the written portion of the language arts test. They are working diligently to show their best thinking!
Planning for 2019-20
May and June are also key months as we plan for the 2019-20 school year. Later in May, staff will meet together to begin forming classes for the upcoming year. We strive to create classes that will support all students in having an outstanding learning experience. To help us in this process, please make sure you have completed the online form sent out by our office manager Tami Kozimor. If you have not completed this yet, please do so as soon as possible. You can access the link by clicking HERE. The information families provide is incredibly helpful as we recognize you know your child better than anyone else.
End of Year Events
Below is a list of End of Year Events happening at Enatai. We will continue to update this list should other dates be added or modified.
- Wednesday May 15th: PTSA Run-Walk-Roll-a-thon at each grade level’s recess time
- K/4th Grade 10:05 – 10:25
- 1st/5th Grade 10:40 – 11:00
- 2nd/3rd Grade 11:15 – 11:35
- Thursday, May 16th: Principal Coffee, 8 -9 AM STEM Room
- Monday, May 27th: No School, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 5th: PTSA General Membership Meeting, 6:30 PM Enatai Library
- Monday, June 10th – 14th: Hopelink Coin Drive
- Tuesday, June 11th: Field Day, 1:15 – 2:00 PM
- Thursday, June 13th: Principal Coffee, 8:00-9:00 AM, STEM Room
- Friday, June 14th: PTSA Carnival
- Wednesday, June 19th: End of Year Assembly, 8:30 – 9:30 AM
- Thursday, June 20th: 5th Grade Promotion, 8:00 -10:00 AM
- Friday, June 21st: Last Day of School – 8:00 – 10:00 AM
Enjoy this lovely start to the month of May!