The new Enatai Elementary School will have many improvements and the most obvious improvement will be the site and the traffic circulation. There will be increased on-site queuing for student drop-off and pick-up to avoid the traffic backups that spilled over to SE 23rd Street with the old school’s layout. We will still need to rely on coordination and cooperation from all drivers. There will be staff members aiding in the traffic management of the site, but it is your responsibility to follow their directions.
The main parking lot entrance has relocated to SE 25th Street. Only buses may enter the site from SE 23rd Street. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the routes and directions for each traffic type.
Student Drop Off and Pick Up
- Enter from SE 25th Street and stay in the right lane. Follow the drive, staying in the right curb lane and pull forward before dropping off your student. Pulling forward will enable queuing space for other cars behind you.
- No vehicle parking is allowed in the drop off lane.
- After picking up or dropping off your student, continue to follow the drive through the site and exit on SE 25th Street.
Early Learning Program Drop Off and Pick Up
- Enter from SE 25th Street and stay in the right lane. That lane will go past the ELP entrance. You may pull into the designated ELP parking stalls.
- Upon signing your child in, leave the school site directly to SE 25th Street.
- Do not park in from of the student drop off lane.
Parent or Visitor to the School
- Enter from SE 25th Street and stay in the left lane. Park in the designated visitor parking stalls.
- Do not park in any ELP marked stalls if you are not here for ELP.
- Do not park in the drop off lane.
- After visiting the school, follow the drive through the parking area and exit at SE 25th Street.
Bus Drop Off and Pick Up
- School buses will enter the site from SE 23rd Street and drop students off in the designated bus drop off area.
- Buses will exit the site on the won-way bus exit to 108th Ave. SE.
- Buses will drop off and pick up students in the same location. It is important that this lane be kept clear at all times. Do not park in the bus lane.
Pedestrian and Bicycle Traffic
- There will be new sidewalks that allow pedestrians and cyclists to safely come to and from the site.
- At the beginning and end of the school day, crossing guards will be stationed where there are marked crosswalks. If you are arriving at the site by foot or bicycle, please use the marked crosswalks and obey all directions from the crossing guards.
Even will all of the improvements, traffic will still be congested at the start and end of the school day. It is a lot of traffic to manage in a short period of time. To make it work well, everyone needs to cooperate by being courteous, safe and patient. Please follow directions from staff and keep traffic moving safely and smoothly.