The third meeting of the Athletic Code Review Committee was on February 2, 2017.Read More
Athletic Code Review Committee
District Activities and Athletics Director
The purpose of the Athletic Code Review Committee is to engage community members in identifying best practice in the implementation of the ‘athletic code’, considering our District’s shift in proactive and preventative disciplinary practices as well as WIAA regulations. The committee will make recommendations to district administration regarding BSD’s Administrative Procedure 2151P, Interscholastic Activities.
The committee will include parents/guardians, students, community partners, and staff members (i.e., coaches, advisors, certificated teachers, administrators) from District schools who have an interest in interscholastic activities in Bellevue School District schools. A central office administrator will facilitate the meetings.
We are asking community members to serve on a committee that represents a wide range of experiences and perspectives. Committee members will be asked to:
- Attend and participate in scheduled meetings
- Serve as a communication link to varied constituencies
- Help facilitate informational meetings for students, parents/guardians, community members, and staff, as needed
- Assist in analyzing data regarding uses of the athletic code across the District
- Assist in a review of current procedural language to identify any potential areas of revision
- Assist in review of research on effective practices and practices of surrounding districts
Ultimately, the committee will apply its research, community feedback, collective personal experiences, other resources and District expertise to make recommendations to district administration to inform any potential update of its procedures related to the application of the ‘athletic code.’
December 5 through December 19, 2016:
Week of December 26 – 30, 2016:
Individuals selected for the committee will be contacted by email.
Thursday, January 5, 2017 from 5:00-6:30 pm:
First committee meeting. The goal of the meeting will be to establish norms, review introductory work, and review goals for the committee. Prior to January 5, 2017, committee members will be provided introductory materials to review for the first meeting.
The committee will set a calendar for additional meetings. It is expected that the committee will meet once or twice monthly as necessary to complete
- Athletic Code Review Committee
- Donation Policy Committee
- Inactive Committees
- Inclusive Practices Advisory Team
- AP Physics Adoption
- Elementary 18 Attendance Area Committee
- High School Algebra 1 Adoption
- High School Start Time Steering Committee
- Jr. American Literature Textbook Adoption
- K-5 Chinese Dual Language Adoption
- Middle School ELA Summer Reading Adoption
- Middle School Math Adoption
- P-12 Chinese Dual Language Program