Inclusive Practices Advisory Team
Parent Representatives Needed
The committee is in need of parent representatives who have an interest in developing best practices for inclusion and equity within the Bellevue School District. Please send your application by May 26, 2017.
Executive Director of Special Education
The Inclusive Practices Advisory Team aspires to provide information to the district, both staff and community, with the intent of communicating best practices for inclusion and equity. We strive to remodel systems and structures for students who need accommodations in their learning environment such that they are fully included in academic and extra-curricular activities.
Quality inclusion practices go beyond simply placing a child in a general education classroom. When well trained teachers and staff come together with a supportive and welcoming school community to make solid commitments to collaboration and communication, we will continue to progress toward our goal of success for every student.
This important work requires that the entire school district community work interdependently defining, creating and maintaining equitable and inclusive educational experiences for students with disabilities. We are a supportive, successful and welcoming community when we work together to support all students.
Members of the Inclusive Practices Advisory Team are expected to:
- Attend scheduled meetings
- Serve as a communication link to the community they represent
- Assist in collecting data as needed
- Athletic Code Review Committee
- Donation Policy Committee
- Inactive Committees
- Inclusive Practices Advisory Team
- AP Physics Adoption
- Elementary 18 Attendance Area Committee
- High School Algebra 1 Adoption
- High School Start Time Steering Committee
- Jr. American Literature Textbook Adoption
- K-5 Chinese Dual Language Adoption
- Middle School ELA Summer Reading Adoption
- Middle School Math Adoption
- P-12 Chinese Dual Language Program