The K-5 Chinese Adoption Committee met on May 11, 2016.Read More
K-5 Chinese Dual Language Adoption
After a year of research and examining various materials that are currently available for Chinese dual language programs nationwide, the K-5 Chinese Dual Language Materials Adoption Committee decided to adopt a literature-based curriculum that includes authentic Chinese texts from both American and Chinese authors to meet the needs of our students’ skills, proficiency levels, and cultures, rather than the original proposal of a single textbook series.
The K-5 Chinese Dual Language Instructional Material Adoption Committee will be identifying a standard-based Chinese instructional material for the K-5 Chinese Dual Language Program. We will be following the instructional materials selection process and make a recommendation to the Instructional Materials Committee based on evidence gathered during our meetings.
The committee will meet three times before June 2016. Each meeting will last two hours and will begin and end on time. After the initial meeting, the committee will decide on the next meeting date and time.
The committee will be examining feedback from the current 1st grade teachers on the Better Immersion pilot process, comparing Better Immersion to other instructional materials, and having each grade level’s representative pilot the decided instructional material before a final recommendation is made.
The committee will include one Chinese teacher representative from each grade level at Jing Mei, an administrator, and a parent representative. The committee will be facilitated by the K-12 Chinese Dual Language Curriculum Developer.
- Inclusive Practices Advisory Team
- Athletic Code Review Committee
- Donation Policy Committee
- High School Social & Emotional Learning
- Middle School Social & Emotional Learning
- Inactive Committees
- AP Physics Adoption
- Elementary 18 Attendance Area Committee
- High School Algebra 1 Adoption
- High School Start Time Steering Committee
- Jr. American Literature Textbook Adoption
- K-5 Chinese Dual Language Adoption
- Middle School ELA Summer Reading Adoption
- Middle School Math Adoption
- P-12 Chinese Dual Language Program