63 – serving Newport HS, International School, and Big Picture School.
17 – serving Bellevue HS, International School, and Big Picture School.
10 – serving Clyde Hill ES and Spiritridge ES.
All other bus routes servicing these schools will run normally as scheduled.
Equity Advisory Group – Phase 3
The Equity Advisory Group (EAG) was initially formed in the fall of 2018 to help the district engage a diverse breadth of voices from among our community to better understand the unique and shared student needs across our district and to ensure those needs are being addressed in both policy and in procedure – the way we do our work every day. The formation of this group affirms the district’s commitment to provide a positive and supportive learning environment, meeting the needs of each and every student through individualized and innovative supports and services.
Why is this Important?
The district currently faces many challenges in how it serves the diversity of students who attend BSD schools. Inequity, in particular racial inequity, constitute the common denominator amongst many those challenges. The district’s ability to provide systems-wide guidance on more equitable policies, procedures, and practices to better serve the diversity of students who attend BSD schools represents a moral imperative for the Bellevue School District. Despite efforts to bridge the achievement gap of students of color, students with special needs, ELL students, and students living in poverty, these efforts have typically been programmatic and not systemic or cultural, and thus have been insufficient.
- Mohammed Bakr, parent and community member
- Paul Sutton, parent and External Expert
- Haruka Kojima, former parent and Asian Pacific Islander Alliance (APIA)
- Maina Train, Parent
- Jill Rock, Bellevue Education Association Vice President
- Wilnec Gideon, Assistant Principal, High School
- Anecia Grigsby, Assistant Principal, High School
- Betty Nahn, School Admin – Middle
- Brook Garcia, School Admin – Elem
- Lena Pothitou-West, Educator – Elem
- Johanna Wong, Psychologist – Middle
- Melody Birch, Instructional Mentor
- John Harrison, Executive Director for District and Community Affairs
- Shomari Jones, Director of Equity and Strategic Engagement
- Pat Hughes, Trillium Leadership Consulting
- September 17, 2020
- October 7, 2020
- October 21, 2020
- November 4, 2020
- November 18, 2020
- December 2, 2020
- December 16, 2020
- January 13, 2021
- February 10, 2021
- March 10, 2021
- April 7, 2021
- May 5, 2021