EAAC Belief Statements
Prospective members are asked to review these belief statements and ensure you can agree with and work in alignment with them.
- We believe the Bellevue School District (BSD) has a responsibility to serve all students, families, and communities of color in inclusive environments; students who identify as LGBTQ+; students with disabilities and mental and emotional health needs; multilingual learners; and students of varying religious backgrounds and socio-economic status.
- We believe establishing and sustaining equitable policies, procedures, programs, and restorative practices in classrooms and schools is a necessary precondition to achieving equal access to robust and rigorous learning experiences.
- We believe learning is an inherently social and cultural endeavor and that learning is most powerful when educators engage with students’ and their families’ cultures to shape learning experiences.
- We believe that every student deserves access to engaging, relevant, and rigorous learning experiences that both sustains the cultures that have shaped their lived experiences and gives them the tools to leverage their experiences to work for change in their communities.
- BSD students have intersecting identities including LGBTQ+, linguistic, socio-economic, racial, ethnic, familial, religious; varying disabilities and mental and emotional health needs; and others, and we believe these identities inform and determine the cultures they identify with.
- We believe every student in BSD deserves to feel valued, seen, heard, and a sense of belonging in every BSD space as individuals who have intersecting identities.
- We believe every student is a unique individual who deserves learning experiences that accept, support, and elevate their specific talents, skills, and interests.
- We believe that raising awareness, elevating voices, and asking questions can lead to positive change.