The Bellevue School District is developing a Family Engagement Advisory Committee to represent the diverse voices of families we serve.
If selected, members of this committee will participate in developing long-term practices of inclusion and representation of the diverse communities in our system. Further, members will both give AND receive critical feedback and advisement on matters important to four primary groups: BSD School Board, District Leadership Team, Equity Advisory Group, Department of Equity and Family Engagement (potentially others) and engage in experiences to deepen their knowledge and ability to impact organizational transformation.
This is a one-year commitment of 4-5 hours per month. The 2020-21 Committee will begin in February 2021 and serve for a 5-month term, with the option of extending through 2021-22. The first virtual meet and greet will take place on Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
A successful Family Engagement Advisory Group will:
- Identify common needs and goals amongst our diverse community groups.
- Gather and provide feedback from groups they are connected to, to ensure that family and community needs are represented beyond their own perspective.
- Bring attention to existing and emerging issues expressed by groups they are connected to.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to increase partnership and collaboration between families, schools and the school district.
- Identify and recommend culturally appropriate practices to welcome and engage diverse families in all schools.
We look forward to your interest and desire to make a difference for ALL our students and families across the district.