- Students are reminded about the following rules for attendance:
- Sign in if you are late to first or are coming back from an appointment, even if it is passing period.
- Sign out for any time of day before you leave campus for an appointment.
- Sophomores: find out how you did on the practice ACT exam that you took on Super Wednesday! There will be a Scores Review Session on Monday, November 16th at 6:30 pm in the theater. Students will only be able to receive their scores at this session- they will not be handed out during the school day- so make sure to attend! One of The Princeton Review’s top instructors will go over how the test is scored, the differences between the SAT and the ACT, how scores factor into college admissions, and strategies on how to improve your ACT Score.
- If you are not able to attend this Score Review Session, you will receive your score results during Sophomore Guidance in December.
- It’s time for the Class of 2016 to nominate the best and most likely. Go to com/ihsseniornoms to nominate your classmates for this year’s senior superlatives. Nominations close today. Senior pics and quotes are also due today.
- Seniors: please remind your parents to participate at our fundraiser event at Tutta Bella on Sunday from 4-6PM.
- Tonight will be Interlake’s Movie Night hosted by ASB and they will be showing Guardians of the Galaxy! Doors to the outside gym open at 6:30PM, and the movie starts at 7! Come in your sweats, bring a blanket and your student ID, and enjoy the movie! Admission to the Movie Night is completely free, but DECA will be selling snacks, so bring a couple bucks with you! See you there Saints!
- Club Elites is hosting its second community event tonight at the commons from 6:30-8:30.
- Come to hear a Taste of Music, featuring the renowned Lafaytte String Quartet and the Interlake orchestras. Enjoy a fun music-filled evening that includes complimentary dessert and a silent auction. This is a fundraising event supporting our orchestra program. Mark your calendar for Thursday, Nov. 19th at 7pm. Tickets will be sold at the door, $10 for adults and $7 for students.
- Do you love to draw, paint, and make art? Make a Thanksgiving themed work of art and enter to win a fun prize! Have all submissions in by November 23rd and make sure to have your name and grade attached, you can turn it in to room 1522, anyone can vote for your art displayed in the commons on the (24th, 25th?) and the winner will later be announced. Good luck!
- This Month is service month Interlake! Each week there will be a new quote up on a poster in the commons. Everyone can contribute by writing on the posters. Write about how you relate to the quote or how the quote impacted you and sign it to show your support.
- Are you interested in receiving a Turkey basket? Please stop by the Family Connection Center with Mrs. Stockdale for more information.
- A reminder to all athletes who are turning out for Winter Sports. Today is the last day that you can register and still be able to participate on Monday. See Mrs. Higgins if you have any questions about your eligibility.
Community Service and Career Opportunities and Scholarships
- Next Tuesday is “Armed Forces Day” at Interlake. Representatives from the Police, Fire & Rescue, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Reserves and ROTC will be in the Commons both lunches to provide information and answer questions regarding education and career opportunities.