- Sophomores: find out how you did on the practice ACT exam that you took on Super Wednesday! There will be a Scores Review Session this evening at 6:30 pm in the theater. Students will only be able to receive their scores at this session- they will not be handed out during the school day- so make sure to attend! One of The Princeton Review’s top instructors will go over how the test is scored, the differences between the SAT and the ACT, how scores factor into college admissions, and strategies on how to improve your ACT Score.
- If you are not able to attend this Score Review Session, you will receive your score results during Sophomore Guidance in December.
- Come to hear a Taste of Music, featuring the renowned Lafaytte String Quartet and the Interlake orchestras. Enjoy a fun music-filled evening that includes complimentary dessert and a silent auction. This is a fundraising event supporting our orchestra program. Mark your calendar for Thursday, Nov. 19th at 7pm. Tickets will be sold at the door, $10 for adults and $7 for students.
- Chess Club – Our match today is at Interlake! Please arrive at the library by 3:10 to set up teams and the tables..
- Do you love to draw, paint, and make art? Make a Thanksgiving themed work of art and enter to win a fun prize! Have all submissions in by November 23rd and make sure to have your name and grade attached, you can turn it in to room 1522, anyone can vote for your art displayed in the commons on the (24th, 25th?) and the winner will later be announced. Good luck!
- Reminder for everyone in the financial literacy club: there will be a meeting tomorrow afternoon in room 1406 at 3:05, food will be provided. Also we will have a guest speaker the first Tuesday of December, new members are welcome!
- This Month is service month Interlake! Each week there will be a new quote up on a poster in the commons. Everyone can contribute by writing on the posters. Write about how you relate to the quote or how the quote impacted you and sign it to show your support.
- Have you ever wanted to make you own action figure, test an invention idea, or even make a life sized model of your head? Come learn how to use Interlake’s New 3D printer to make most anything. The first meeting to learn 3D printing is hosted by Science Olympiad on Friday the 20th at 3:05 in room 1708 where the only limitation is your imagination.
- Are you interested in receiving a Turkey basket? Please stop by the Family Connection Center with Mrs. Stockdale for more information.
- Winter sports practices begin today:
- Girls Basketball 3:30 main gym
- Wrestling 3:30 upper gym
- Boys Basketball 5:30 main gym
- Boys Swim 7pm at Samena
Community Service and Career Opportunities and Scholarships
- Tomorrow is “Armed Forces Day” at Interlake. Representatives from the Police, Fire & Rescue, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Reserves and ROTC will be in the Commons both lunches to provide information and answer questions regarding education and career opportunities.
- Interested in changing the world and being a Student Leader in your community? Develop your leadership and career skills this summer while working as a paid intern for a local nonprofit and attend a FREE week-long student leaders summit in Washington DC. Applications are now being accepted and details can be found in the Career Center.
- Need help with your resume for employment, Letters of Rec, college admissions activities log, sports, scholarships or just to have a resume? See Mrs. Ball in the Career Center any time before school or during your lunch for resume assistance.