- Students are reminded about the following rules for attendance:
- Sign in if you are late to first or are coming back from an appointment, even if it is passing period.
- Sign out for any time of day before you leave campus for an appointment.
- Sophomores: find out how you did on the practice ACT exam that you took on Super Wednesday! There will be a Scores Review Session on Monday, November 16th at 6:30 pm in the theater. Students will only be able to receive their scores at this session- they will not be handed out during the school day- so make sure to attend! One of The Princeton Review’s top instructors will go over how the test is scored, the differences between the SAT and the ACT, how scores factor into college admissions, and strategies on how to improve your ACT Score.
- If you are not able to attend this Score Review Session, you will receive your score results during Sophomore Guidance in December.
- It’s time for the Class of 2016 to nominate the best and most likely. Go to com/ihsseniornoms to nominate your classmates for this year’s senior superlatives. Nominations close on Friday, November 13th.
- The yearbook has extended the deadline for Senior pics and quotes until Friday, November 13th. All seniors received a status update from the yearbook. Email your photos and quotes to Mrs. Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seniors: please remind your parents to participate at our fundraiser event at Tutta Bella next Sunday November 15th from 4-6PM.
- Tomorrow night will be Interlake’s Movie Night hosted by ASB and they will be showing Guardians of the Galaxy! Doors to the outside gym open at 6:30PM, and the movie starts at 7! Come in your sweats, bring a blanket and your student ID, and enjoy the movie! Admission to the Movie Night is completely free, but DECA will be selling snacks, so bring a couple bucks with you! See you there Saints!
- Club Elites is hosting second community event this Friday November 13th at the commons from 6:30-8:30.
- Come to hear a Taste of Music, featuring the renowned Lafaytte String Quartet and the Interlake orchestras. Enjoy a fun music-filled evening that includes complimentary dessert and a silent auction. This is a fundraising event supporting our orchestra program. Mark your calendar for Thursday, Nov. 19th at 7pm.
Tickets will be sold at the door, $10 for adults and $7 for students.
- Are you interested in receiving a Turkey basket? Please stop by the Family Connection Center with Mrs. Stockdale for more information.
Community Service and Career Opportunities and Scholarships
- Looking for easy volunteer hours that will positively impact homeless children on the Eastside? All you need is time, sharp scissors and a steady hand. Visit Mrs. Ball in the Career Center for more information and materials.
- What does Seattle Children’s Hospital, Bennett Elementary and Phantom Lake have in common? They are each hosting an event and need your help. Stop by the Career Center for details on this and many other Community Service
- Interested in becoming a lifeguard? Ski instructor? Working at Bell Square for the holidays? Stop by the Career Center for assistant with job search, applications and resumes.
- Seniors – are you looking for scholarships to help pay for college? The Seattle Swedish Community is offering several scholarships for seniors who attend high school and reside in King County. Swedish ancestry is NOT required. The scholarships range in amount awarded from $1500 to $3500. Finalists will be selected on the following basis: the candidate’s high school record, ACT/SAT score, financial assessment, and leadership and community service. The application deadline is March 31, 2016.