Shout out to the group who is posting the positive statements on Post-it notes in the hall. Your positive messages are noticed by many and they shape my day. You are making an impact in our school. Keep it up!
This last weekend, the Drill Team qualified at districts to compete at State in 3 weeks. Go Lady Saints!
- Are you a gifted 9th grader or a 10th grader interested in the IB Diploma program? Please come to IB Information Night with your families on Tuesday, March 7th in the Interlake Theater at 7:00 PM. We will discuss the advantages and requirements of the program, and what might make it a good fit for you.
- Newspaper Club will be meeting at a new time! Come to 1702 at 3:30 on Tuesdays! Come even if you are new to newswriting!
- Theatre Department meeting 1:30 on Wednesday in room 1406
- Please remember when you are parking in the neighborhoods, you may not block any mailboxes, driveways or painted red zones. All students who do not observe these clear zones are subject to tickets by the Bellevue Police Department.
- Do you love origami? Do you want to contribute to cancer research? EdUnite will be collecting origami cranes for the Cranes for Cure fundraiser from March 6th to March 20th! Pick up crane-folding instructions and origami paper and donate folded cranes to the collection box in the main office. All collected paper cranes will be donated to Joey’s Wings to help fund cancer research!
- The Inklings, Interlake’s creative writing club, are building a library in Africa! Please donate any gently used books for fourth to eighth graders to the main office and money today during lunch. Help us reach our goal of 1,000 books and 500 dollars!
- GIVE, EMPOWER, MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Do you want to help make a difference in another child’s life? Help GameChanger today, a charity that collects good-condition sports gear and donates it to needy children for use. Many children come from poor communities do not have easy access to the materials needed to play the sports that they love. GameChanger wants to make sure that a financial disability doesn’t prevent a kid from enjoying valuable exercise with friends and families. So help donate today! Look around you for any sports gear that you no longer use. It doesn’t matter what sport: Baseball, Soccer, Football, etc-bring them in! Bring your donations to the main office by March 10th! Donated gear must be in usable condition, and all collected items will be sent to Boys and Girls Club of Bellevue for distribution. Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for senior ads is coming soon. Go to www.balfour.com to place your ad today. Ads are due Friday, March 24th.
- If you haven’t already turned in your cap and gown order, please go to www.jostens.com to place your order. If you have any questions, please see your counselor.
Career / College / Community Service News
Tyee Middle School is looking for BSD Juniors and Seniors to volunteer as camp counselors at our 6th Grade Environmental Education Camp! The camp counselor program is a dynamic leadership opportunity for students interested in working with children and/or environmental education. The program also provides students the opportunity to earn up to 50 community service hours for their volunteer work. This year’s camp week is scheduled for April 24-28, 2017 at YMCA’s Camp Orkila on Orcas Island, WA. All completed applications and paperwork must be turned in at Tyee MS no later than March 13, 2017. Please contact Mrs. Williams or Ms. Miller in the counseling center with questions.