- This week, we will be on a modified testing schedule.
- All 10th graders will take the Smarter Balance ELA Assessment 8:30am on Thursday May 18 AND Friday May 19.
- The ELA test has two parts. Each test is about 2 hours.
- The ELA test is a Washington graduation requirement.
- You will need your fully charged laptop.
- You will need plug-in headphones (no wireless).
- All other students do not have to be on campus until 11:10 am for lunch, 11:55 to begin class on both Thursday and Friday.
- What’s up classes of 2018 and 2019! Are you super spirited? Do you love Interlake High School? Are you comfortable with leading mad chants, dancing, and generally getting everyone around you hyped up? If you’re a yes to any of these then the Boom Squad wants you! If you’re interested in interviewing for a spot on the 2017-18 Boom Squad click the link below and give us your details! Hope to hear from you!https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10Hr9ie_toDqPtmgwX9yqk_9U7QvW6OjBSWEbsd0Xsx0/edit?usp=sharing
- Your 2016-17 Boom Squad
- The Interlake Community Impact Activists are producing an old time live rock n roll concert and dance on Friday night. Admission is by donation. All money goes to support the club’s building of 40 solar powered lighting units to be installed in off grid locations in Mexico.
- Want to be published? The Inklings are starting an online magazine! Send your best writing, art, or music to email@example.com. Visit interlakeinklings.com/about/submission-guidelines for more info.
- Club Elites is hosting their 4th annual Potluck on May 12th from 6-8PM at the commons. You and your family are invited and it will be a great time to learn more about all the different cultures we encounter. Please bring a dish to share and email Mrs. Stockdale your participation so we can accommodate everyone.
- The Class of 2018 needs your help! Join us for an amazing 1 hour spin class at CYCLEBAR in Redmond Town Center on May 13th at 1 pm! ALL proceeds will go towards funding the Class of 2018 prom. Don’t worry if you’ve never done a spin class before—you can always go at your own pace! Reserve your bike online for $25. The link to book your bike is below!
- If you’ve been to CycleBar before, simply log into your account and reserve your bike
- If you don’t already have an account, click “not yet a member? Sign up now” and then complete the online form. This will simply register you in the system, and does not obligate you to future purchases.
- If you do not have cycling shoes please make sure to click “yes” and we will provide shoes free of charge!
- Finish by approving terms and click “create an account”.
- Click on a number once the studio pops up. This will be your bike number and position in the class. Remember that number and share it with anyone you want to ride next to you. That’s it….you’re ready to go! Thank you so much!
- Do you have AP, SAT, or ACT books that you no longer use, and can donate? Would you like a test prep book to help you study? Bellevue Book Exchange is a student-run program that collects and redistributes high school prep books to students in the Bellevue School District for free. If you are considering donating or receiving a donation, visit bellevuebookexchange.weebly.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Inklings, Interlake’s creative writing club, are building a library in Africa! Please donate any gently used books for fourth to eighth graders to the main office and money today during lunch. Help us reach our goal of 1,000 books and 500 dollars!
- If you haven’t already turned in your cap and gown order, please go to www.jostens.com to place your order. If you have any questions, please see your counselor.
- Caps and gowns will be distributed on June 8th.
Career / College / Community Service News
- Students that are interested in CISCO or automotive: Please get your applications in to Career specialist ASAP, as these classes will fill up fast!
- Football managers wanted! We are looking for four enthusiastic students to help with various duties. No experience necessary. Get to travel with the team, play DJ during practice, and get some awesome football swag! Please contact either Head Coach Brian Hartline @ email@example.com or Athletic Director Liz Peterson if you are interested.