Secondary Class Schedules Update
September 1, 2020
Dear High School Families:
Scheduling of students into courses is mostly complete and student schedules have recently been made available in ParentVue and StudentVue. As you know, counselors and building administrators have been working tirelessly to ensure students are fully scheduled, class sizes are balanced, and new students are registered and scheduled. We are grateful for the efforts of building administrators, counselors, registrars and central office support staff as they work through the outstanding student schedule issues.
As has occurred in the prior years, student schedules will continue to be adjusted after the first day of school. Building master schedules for both Temporary Remote Learning and BSD Virtual environments has presented new challenges. Know we greatly appreciate your continued understanding and patience with this process.
As you know, due to COVID-19 health and safety concerns, some elective offerings have been combined while others eliminated. Therefore, some students may not see an elective they had requested in the spring, though every effort was made to schedule the student into an alternate offering or similar-type course. Our priorities are ensuring that each student will meet graduation and grade-level requirements and being fully scheduled.
Counseling staff and administrators will continue to facilitate schedule corrections, as necessary. This week, schedule corrections will be limited to fixing errors, such as:
- 8th grade student is placed in the wrong level of a math class
- 9th grade student is missing a 5th period class in the first semester schedule
Other types of schedule change requests and changes in model requests will be considered after the Labor Day weekend, beginning September 8. Both models were built to accommodate preferences in the family surveys, and it is expected students will adhere to such, pending extenuating and/or unforeseen circumstances.
If you are not familiar with ParentVue and StudentVue, the link below provides guidance. You can access student schedules through both avenues.
HOW WILL STUDENTS FIND THEIR CLASSES ON THURSDAY?
- Students will log in to their district laptop and open Microsoft Teams.
- In Teams, open the calendar section and you should see invitations to your individual classes. Click on the link in the invitation and the ‘join now’ button at the beginning of each class.
- If you do not see one of your classes in the calendar section, look on the teams list on the left of your page and select the team with the same name of your class. Inside the class team you will see a meeting in progress, and you can click the ‘join now’ button.
- If you are still having trouble, email Megan Bennett, firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will assist you.
- If you are having trouble opening programs or email on your district laptop, email email@example.com or call (425) 456-4321
Our staff are excited to see students this Thursday!
Interlake High School