Students must earn forty (40) hours of Community Service as one of their graduation requirements. Students may begin to earn these hours once they complete their eight (8th) grade year. Community service hours must be done for a nonprofit organization. The hours may be earned all at one time, or in any manner that meets the student’s schedule, during his/her high school years, but must be completed prior to the student’s participation in a commencement ceremony and the granting of a diploma.
At Interlake, we recognize students who log more than 100 hours at graduation. Students who earn more than 100 hours ( and log the hours in x2vol) will be able to wear a community service honor cord at the Interlake graduation ceremony.
Logging and Keeping Track of Your Community Service Hours
- Go to your Student Portal
- Log in to your Naviance account – you use Clever to login which is your BSD email and password the same one you use to log into your computer.
- Scroll down the page and click on the x2VOL tab.
- If you are asked to put in your Last Name and Student ID Number, please do so.
- Complete your x2VOL profile the first time you access x2VOL.
- Set your password if you’d like to use the mobile app and select a class group (your graduation year).
- Log your hours by clicking “Add Hours” and then “Create New”
PowerPoint that shows you step by step how to log your hours.
We know that many of you have ideas and places where you already volunteer. Here are some possibilities for other volunteering you could do. With COVID, adjustments have been made and some organizations are not signing off on school community services hours right now. Please check any COVID restrictions, or other limitations an agency may have. Also, be creative, you can ask them if there are other things you might do… and you can have some suggestions of your own to propose!