Students who would like to request district permission to take a class at another institution (private school or online school), must submit an Outside Learning Form. It will be reviewed and decided upon by the principal, district curriculum developer and assistant superintendent. Families should NOT register for an outside course until they receive approval. This process can take up to 8 weeks. Here are the steps:
- Go to OSPI’s website to find approved online courses and providers.
- Fill out the Outside Learning Request form. For the OLR fillable instructions click here.
- Approvals will be found in the StudentVUE of Synergy after they are processed. They are no longer being mailed home.
- If the course is approved, complete the course.
- Once completed, order an official outside course transcript to be sent to the IHS registrar, Ms. Loma Rockwell (firstname.lastname@example.org).