Running Start is a program that allows 11th and 12th grade students to take college courses at Washington’s 34 community and technical colleges. The added bonus is the cost savings, as students receive both high school and college credit for these classes, thus accelerating their progress through the education system.
Running Start students have the opportunity to finish their high school diploma while earning college credit. When the decision is made to become a Running Start student, the student assumes the personal responsibility of making sure they are knowledgeable about state required tests and events at Interlake and Bellevue College class registration dates.
Important: Full-time Running Start students must be enrolled in a minimum of 15 college credits.
In order to help you keep up to date with critical Interlake information, we have provided the following links to necessary information. Some key points to remember:
- You are responsible for setting up a meeting with your IHS counselor at least 5 days prior to each enrollment period to have your Enrollment Verification Form signed.
- If you are taking classes at both Interlake and BC, it is your responsibility to coordinate your BC schedule so that you do not miss Interlake classes. Arriving late or leaving early from a Interlake class is not an option.
- The Bellevue School District covers the tuition for BC classes up to the state limit of 15 credits. Students are responsible for other costs including:
- Tuitions for each credit beyond that authorized on the Enrolment Verification Form.
- Tuition for any below college level class (classes numbered under 100 – for example: Math 075-099).
- Textbooks and class fees.
- Parking and transportation.
- Fee Waivers available for students that qualify
Fee Waiver Instructions
You are required to be present on state testing days for tests that you still need to pass. Please consult with your Interlake counselor to get a list of the tests you need and the dates they will be given.
- 2018 Running Start Information Sessions
- Bellevue College Running Start
- Running Start Enrollment Forms (Meet with your Interlake counselor 3 days before your scheduled registration date)
- Running Start Enrollment Verification Form 2017
- Running Start Contract 2017-18
- Running Start Enrollment Calendar
- Running Start Course Equivalencies
- Is Running Start a Good Fit?
- Running Start Remind Text Parent Group
- Interlake Counselor Contacts
- 2018 Running Start Info – IHS
- Associate Degrees and the Issuance of High School Diplomas
- Spring Quarter Running Start Adjustment Form 2017