Running Start is a program that allows 11th and 12th grade students to take college courses at Washington’s 34 community and technical colleges. The added bonus is the cost savings, as students receive both high school and college credit for these classes, thus accelerating their progress through the education system.
Running Start students have the opportunity to finish their high school diploma while earning college credit. When the decision is made to become a Running Start student, the student assumes the personal responsibility of making sure they are knowledgeable about state required tests and events at Interlake and Bellevue College class registration dates.
Information Session Information:
If you did not get a chance to attend the Information Session presentation on February 1st, you may view the presentation here.
To participate in Running Start, this Running Start Communication form must be signed by both parent and student and submitted to their Interlake counselor.
Please read the 2021-2022 Changes to Running Start- Information for students and families
Please view this flyer from Bellevue College on important dates and information sessions
Complete the Running Start Intent Form.
Running Start Intent
Complete the Bellevue College Application.
Make sure to select “First Year” when applying not “Running Start”.
Bellevue College Application
ANY and all questions about admissions/ status for new students need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: Full-time Running Start students must be enrolled in a minimum of 15 college credits.
In order to help you keep up to date with critical Interlake information, we have provided the following links to necessary information. Some key points to remember:
- You are responsible for setting up a meeting with your IHS counselor at least 3 days prior to each enrollment period to have your Enrollment Verification Form signed.
- If you are taking classes at both Interlake and BC, it is your responsibility to coordinate your BC schedule so that you do not miss Interlake classes. Arriving late or leaving early from a Interlake class is not an option.
- The Bellevue School District covers the tuition for BC classes up to the state limit of 15 credits. Students are responsible for other costs including:
- Tuitions for each credit beyond that authorized on the Enrollment Verification Form.
- Tuition for any below college level class (classes numbered under 100 – for example: Math 075-099).
- Textbooks and class fees.
- Parking and transportation.
Student may qualify for a fee waiver if they receive any of the following:
- Free/reduced meal program
- TANF Benefit Statement
- Foster Youth
- Medicaid ID Card and Statement
- Basic Food Statement
- Other State and Federal Supported Programs
As of Winter 2021 quarter and moving forward the Fee Waiver does not cover Tuition charges from Running Start students enrolling in credits over what the high school approved. Approved credit amount is based on the Running Start Enrollment Verification form that is submitted every quarter.
Due to COVID – 19 we are now accepting electronic signature from the student. All Fee Waiver documents need to be scanned and emailed to email@example.com
Running Start Resources
Running Start PowerPoint Presentation
Bellevue College Running Start Information