Running Start is a program that allows 11th and 12th grade students to take college courses at Washington’s 34 community and technical colleges. The added bonus is the cost savings, as students receive both high school and college credit for these classes, thus accelerating their progress through the education system.
Running Start students have the opportunity to finish their high school diploma while earning college credit. When the decision is made to become a Running Start student, the student assumes the personal responsibility of making sure they are knowledgeable about state required tests and events at Interlake and Bellevue College class registration dates.
Some useful information regarding Running Start admissions at BC
Classes are not being cancelled. However, some classes have been cancelled due to low enrollment- not because of Running Start.
We are at maximum volume in receiving and processing applications.
We are sending out emails with instructions within 48 hours – if it has been more than 48 hours please RESUBMIT the intent to do running start – see link here
Please complete the enrollment verification form now and submit to email@example.com
If you applied previously and still unclear of status – please email runningstartnewstudent@Bellevuecollege.edu and recheck your personal email that was applied with along with BC email to review emails and reminders sent. Please send your EVF (If you have not done so) to runningstartnewstudent@Bellevuecollege.edu . Please make sure you finished quizzes with 100% in Canvas.
Instructions and reminders are sent to personal email you used on application – check from desktop including spam folders.
Important: Full-time Running Start students must be enrolled in a minimum of 15 college credits.
In order to help you keep up to date with critical Interlake information, we have provided the following links to necessary information. Some key points to remember:
- You are responsible for setting up a meeting with your IHS counselor at least 3 days prior to each enrollment period to have your Enrollment Verification Form signed.
- If you are taking classes at both Interlake and BC, it is your responsibility to coordinate your BC schedule so that you do not miss Interlake classes. Arriving late or leaving early from a Interlake class is not an option.
- The Bellevue School District covers the tuition for BC classes up to the state limit of 15 credits. Students are responsible for other costs including:
- Tuitions for each credit beyond that authorized on the Enrolment Verification Form.
- Tuition for any below college level class (classes numbered under 100 – for example: Math 075-099).
- Textbooks and class fees.
- Parking and transportation.
- Fee Waivers available for students that qualify
Fee Waiver Form
You are required to be present on state testing days for tests that you still need to pass. Please consult with your Interlake counselor to get a list of the tests you need and the dates they will be given.
- Bellevue College Running Start Information
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology Running Start Information
- Running Start Enrollment Calendar
- Running Start Enrollment Forms (Meet with your Interlake counselor 3 days before your scheduled registration date)
- Running Start 2020-2021 Contract
- Running Start Course Equivalencies
- CTE Fine Art Running Start Equivalencies
- Is Running Start a Good Fit?