AP gives students the chance to tackle college-level work while they’re still in high school and earn college credit and placement.
- Payments for AP Tests ($94 each) are due for Bellevue School District Students by Nov 1, 2019.
- Refunds will be made for extenuating circumstances only. The College Board charges $40.00 for all unused tests so the maximum refund amount will be $54.00.
- An Extenuating Circumstances form for refunds is available from AP Coordinators/AP Building Admin. Please Submit Form no later than February 14, 2020.
- Apply for financial aid if needed at https://bsd405.org/services/nutrition-services/free-reduced/
- If you do not qualify for BSD financial aid, you may apply for a scholarship by October 15th. See Melinda.
Late September/Early October:
- “Join” your AP class to access online resources (done in class; more info below)
- Indicate Yes or No that you intend to take the exam (done in class; more info below)
- Final deadline to register or make changes to exam order
- Final payment deadline (see below for instructions on how to pay)
- 2020 AP Exam Schedule
- NOTE: some exams, including all world language, are offsite. Transportation not provided.
IMPORTANT AP changes for the 2019-2020 school year
The College Board recently announced significant changes to the AP exam ordering process, deadlines, late fees and cancellation fees that will be mandated for all schools and all students in the 2019-2020 school year. Please keep in mind that these changes are being mandated by the College Board and were not decided by the Bellevue School District or International School. It is very important that all families are aware of these changes as students consider registering for AP exams. For more information go to https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/about-ap/news-changes/ap-2019
Three steps to accessing College Board’s educational resources and ordering the exam for your class:
1. Log into your College Board account
All College Board programs are connected through one account. Students will need a College Board account to join their AP class section, receive AP assignments from their teacher, get feedback on class progress and to register for AP exams. If you created one for AP, PSAT/NMSQT or SAT, you just need your username and password to sign in. If you are unable to access your account, call the Student Line at 888.225.5427.
Parents should not create an account for the student. If you don’t have a student account go to www.collegeboard.org/register
2. Join your AP course
Students will sign into myap.collegeboard.org and enter a unique “join code” provided by the teacher. This will provide access to online educational resources.
3. Choose to take or not take the AP exam
- From myap.collegeboard.org, students will change the status of their exam order from “Undecided” to “Yes” or “No” to indicate if they intend to take or not take the exam in May.
- In-class Registration dates: late September/early October
- Scholarship deadline: 10/15 (adjusted exam fee only – no late/cancellation fees covered). To be eligible for a scholarship, family must apply for aid through Nutrition Services.
- Payment Deadline: 11/1
- AP exams will remain at the $94 price
- Any students who qualify for Free & Reduced Lunch, should apply as early as possible for the 2019-2020 school year. If your student qualifies for free or reduced price meals, they may be eligible for decreased fees to participate in other school programs (such as AP exams). Complete Part 5 of the application (Sharing Information) to give permission to Nutrition Services to share school meal eligibility information with other school programs. https://bsd405.org/services/nutrition-services/free-reduced/
- Students that register and pay during International’s registration period will pay $94 per exam (Free & Reduced students’ or scholarship students’ fees will be adjusted).
Payment in full is due November 1st.
Instructions to pay: Paying for AP TESTS Online
Two steps to register for an exam for a course not taught at International School:
- Pay online (see instructions above) and select “Other” then designate the exam
- Email Jill at email@example.com for a “Join Code” to input at myap.collegeboard.org