Students and Families – we hope you find this page useful as you navigate a new learning experience from home. For the latest message about Learning Resources, please consult our school district website here. Click here for additional BSD remote learning resources.
Key things to remember:
- EFFORT – make an effort to learn as best as you can by “attending” classes, checking assignments, and making contact with teachers
- BALANCE – find balance between academic, personal/family responsibilities, and your own wellbeing
- PATIENCE – please be patient with the new and ever-changing situation
- FLEXIBILITY – reflect on what worked this week and be open to changes and improvement for the next week
Class Schedule beginning Monday, April 20, 2020:
|9:00 – 9:50||1st Resources Available||3rd Resources Available||5th Resources Available||7th Resources Available||1-4 Open Learning Lab|
|10:00 – 10:50||2nd Resources Available||4th Resources Available||6th Resources Available||0 Resources Available||5-0 Open Learning Lab|
|11:00 – 11:30||5th Learning Lab||7th Learning Lab||1st Learning Lab||3rd Learning Lab|
|11:30 – 12:00||6th Learning Lab||0 Learning Lab||2nd Learning Lab||4th Learning Lab|
Last day of classes for grades 6-11 is June 19, 2020.
Starting Monday March 30th, learning opportunities may include new materials and learning for students beyond review of previous learning. Learning opportunities will be communicated to students from teachers by 8am.
Grading: For the week of March 30th teachers may assign work and give feedback but no grades will be recorded in Synergy.
**School counselors will be collaborating with teachers to reach out to students and families who have not been able to engage with the learning opportunities to brainstorm solutions for engagement.
For support for…
- Students with IEP – please connect with your case manager: Becci Kerstetter at firstname.lastname@example.org or Matt Lyon at email@example.com
- Students with 504 – please connect with your case manager: Kerince Bowen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Arty Christianto at email@example.com
- Students with Tech Issues/Needs – please connect with firstname.lastname@example.org
School Counseling Support: Please reach out to your school counselor directly by e-mail or make an appointment for a TEAMS meeting.
- Click here to make an appointment with IS Middle School Counselor, Arty Christianto
- Click here to make an appointment with IS High School Counselor, Kerince Bowen
- Crisis Line for immediate support – 866-427-4747
- Student and Family Wellness (includes information about meals and wellbeing)
- College and Career (includes news and updates on AP exams and classes)