Understanding the Advanced Placement (AP) program:
2023 AP EXAM SCHEDULE:
COLLEGE BOARD GUIDELINES FOR MAY 2023 AP TESTING
The cost of each test is $97.00.
STUDENT COLLEGE BOARD ACCOUNT:
- Each student needs a College Board Account.
- Many students already have an account.
- The same College Board account log-in is used for PSAT, SAT and AP. If a student ever created an account for one of these, the student should use the same log-in for all College Board activity.
- Students should not create a 2nd account. If a student creates a second account, it could prevent the student’s SAT or AP scores from going to the correct college.
- Please go to www.collegeboard.org to create a new account or verify an existing account.
- If there are problems verifying an existing student account, please contact College Board. High Schools aren’t linked to these accounts. The College Board will not talk to a school representative on the student’s behalf.
- The student should save College Board login credentials in a safe place. The student will login multiples times in high school and needs to remember the username and login.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 22-23 AP TESTING
- September 30, 2022 Student communicates intent to take or not take AP Test in MyAP.
- October 14, 2022 Scholarship Form due for students who do not qualify for Fee Waiver Program.
- October 28, 2022 Payment deadline for May 2023 AP Testing.
- November 15, 2022 Test order deadline at College Board. Any tests ordered after this date will incur an additional $40.00 fee. All International School tests will be ordered by 3pm 11/14/22.
Any Tests cancelled after this date will incur a $40.00 unused test fee.
- January 18, 2023 Last day to request accommodations for May AP tests through SSD online.
- March 15, 2023 Final Day to Order tests – includes $40.00 late fee.
- May 1-12, 2023 AP exams
Scholarship Form: Available in Counseling Center at each High School.
Fee Waiver Form: Fee Waiver Form
- Students must apply for the Fee Waiver Program to avoid payment for AP Testing.
IN-PERSON: All tests will be in-person.
- All SSD students who have already been approved by the College Board to receive accommodations should register on BSD SSD site, as well as home school site by Nov 1, 2022. The school’s AP Coordinator will provide the student with the SSD join code.
- New students seeking accommodations should apply as early as possible – January 18, 2023, is the final day to request accommodations for the May 2023 testing. Any submissions after this date may not be approved in time for AP tests.