Due to our course plan, most International School students can take a maximum of 8 out of the 14 courses offered. AP Classes Offered: Biology; Calculus AB; Chemistry; Computer Science A; Computer Science Principles; Studio Art; English Language; English Literature; Environmental Science; French; Physics 1; Physics 2; US History; World History: Modern. 100% of students take at least one AP course.
2020-21 IMPORTANT DATES:
October 30, 2020 Register for all AP classes and AP tests
Request and be approved for Free/Reduced Lunch from Bellevue School District
February 12, 2021 Last day to request scholarship help from the Bellevue School Distirct
March 1, 2021 Payment due date for AP Tests
REGISTRATION FOR AP CLASSES:
- Students will register for College Board AP course resources at myap.collegeboard.org using a Join Code provided by the teacher
- October 30, 2020 – All students must be registered for AP classes using the join code provided by their teachers
REGISTRATION FOR AP TESTING:
BSD encourages all students to enroll in AP Tests. Since the College Board will not charge an Unused Test Fee for 2021 AP Testing, the Bellevue School District (BSD) can order tests for all students without financial penalty (See payment for AP Tests below). Please order tests before October 30, 2020 to avoid College Board’s $40 late order fee.
- HYBRID and VIRTUAL IS STUDENTS TAKING CLASSES AT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- After joining the teacher-led course for learning resources, change “undecided” to Yes/No to indicate if you will/won’t take the AP exam in May
- October 30, 2020 – All students must indicate if they intend or do not intend to take their course exam
- SSD STUDENTS:
- Students who qualify for SSD accommodations will decline to take the test using their original home school join code.
- The AP Coordinator at the School will provide a second join code to all SSD qualified students that will be a test only join code.
- The different join code is necessary if the College Board decides to conduct in person testing. All SSD testing in the Bellevue School District is administered centrally at ESC and WISC and tests must be ordered centrally for that reason.
- VIRTUAL STUDENTS TAKING CLASSES AT SCHOOLS OTHER THAN THEIR HOME SCHOOLS:
- Students will join the course using the teacher-provided Join Code to have access to learning resources
- After joining the teacher-led course, students will register for the exam using an Exam Only Join Code provided by Jill Follett. If in person testing in 2021 is allowed, these students will be able to test at their home schools.
- SELF-STUDY STUDENTS:
- Email Jill Follett at email@example.com with “[subject name] Exam Only” in the subject line for the join code.
PAYMENT FOR AP TESTS:
- March 1, 2021 is the Payment Due Date for AP Testing.
- Since the CB will not charge unused test fees for the May 2021 AP Testing, BSD wants to give all consideration to our families’ needs and academic priorities by extending the payment due date to March 1, 2021.
- The Bellevue School District encourages all AP students to register to take the AP Test in May.
- Since there will be no unused test fee of $40.00 the student will receive a full refund for any test the student has paid for but chooses, for some reason, not to take after testing concludes.
- Free/ Reduced – Students who qualify for free/reduced support from the BSD should apply and be approved before October 30, 2020 to avoid payment for AP Tests.
- Bellevue School District Scholarships – Students may apply until February 12, 2021 to receive payment help through BSD Scholarship Program. – Include details of how students access this form either in office or counseling center)
- Shopping Method – If students/parents choose to pay for an AP test before October 30, 2020, they will use the shopping method on the TouchBase
- Fees – Fees for each AP Test will be put on the Touch Base System by accounts beginning on November 2, 2020. Students/parents may make partial/full payments on these tests any time before the March 1, 2021 payment deadline.
- Exam order will be cancelled and fees will be removed from account on March 2, 2021, if full payment for the test has not been received for the test by March 1, 2021.