“BSD students must earn (40) hours of Community Service as one of their graduation requirements. Students may begin to earn these hours once they complete their eighth (8th) grade year. The hours may be earned all at one time, or in a manner that meets the student’s schedule, during his/her high school years, but must be completed prior to the student’s participation in a commencement ceremony and the granting of a diploma.
Community Service is any service that is done for non-profit agencies and organization and/or religious organizations. School service is also included. For activities that occur over more than one day, a maximum of 10 hours/day is allowed for the 40 hours of community service required for graduation. All students will record their community service hours in x2VOL, which is housed in the Naviance Program.”
For more details on this and other graduation requirements, go to the BSD Course Catalog.
How to Log Community Service Hours:
- Go to the Naviance website: https://student.naviance.com/International.
- Signin using the “Login with Clever” button
- Email and password are the same as the student’s regular BSD email and password unless changed by the student
- Click on “x2VOL” located near the bottom of the page.
- If your first time logging in to x2VOL, complete your profile.
- Important Note!
To ensure you receive proper credit for all hours, please be sure to use your correct:
– BSD Student ID#
– BSD school email (e.g. email@example.com), NOT your personal email.
- Important Note!
- If you’d like to use the mobile app, create your password
- Select a Group (your graduation year).
- Click “Add Hours” and then “Create New.”
Verification of Hours:
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure submitted hours are verified.
Hours must be verified by the non-profit organization before they can be approved to count towards the 40-hour BSD graduation requirement.
Once the hours are submitted in x2VOL, an email is automatically sent to the contact the student entered to request volunteer verification (simply by clicking a link).
Helpful x2VOL links:
- How do I sign into x2VOL through Naviance Student? Click here to go to x2VOL Help.
- My hours aren’t verified. What can I do? Click here to go to x2VOL Help.
- Where can I get help with x2VOL? Click here to go to x2VOL Help.
Still have questions or having trouble logging in to Naviance or x2VOL?
- Contact the Counseling Center.
Need Community Service Ideas?
- Click here for Volunteer Opportunities in Bellevue.
- Teen Link https://866teenlink.org/volunteer/youth-ages-13-20/
- Volunteer Match https://www.volunteermatch.org/
- City of Bellevue Youth Volunteer Opportunities https://parks.bellevuewa.gov/programs/volunteer-opportunities/teen-volunteering-opportunities