International School 2023-24 Parent Nights:
Curriculum Night (all grades) – Thursday, September 28, 2023 @ 6:30pm
Admitted 5th grade for 2024-25 – Tuesday, February 6, 2024 @ 6:30pm. Information Night to learn about curriculum, climate, and culture at International School.
6th – Tuesday, November 7, 2023 @ 6:30pm, Library. Supporting Students: Learn ways to support your students academically and emotionally.
7th – you are invited to participate in our two MS Parent Nights (below)
8th – Tuesday, April 16, 2024 @ 6:30pm, Library. Transitioning to High School: Learn about what to expect in high school including high school graduation requirements, senior project, course workload, advanced placement classes, and more.
Middle School Parent Info Nights –
- Tuesday, November 28, 2023 @ 6:30pm. “Perfectionism versus Health Striving” led by our International School’s Mental Health Assistance Team (MHAT) counselors – Melissa Odegaard and Alison Christensen. We will go over definitions, the impact on mental health, as well as parenting strategies to promote healthy striving behaviors.
- ***NEW DATE*** THURSDAY, February 8, 2024 @ 6:30pm
9th/10th – Thursday, October 19, 2023 @ 6:30pm, Library. Now and Next: Topics included helping your student find balance, meeting graduation requirements, and preparing for college. View the slide deck: 9th and 10th grade Parent Night 2023
11th – Thursday, November 2, 2023 @ 6:30pm, Library
12th – Thursday, September 21, 2023 @ 6:30pm, Library. View the slide deck: Class of 2024 Senior Parent Night
- Link to SOS Parent Portal: https://sossignsofsuicide.org/parent/
- Link to National Institute of Mental Health FAQ about Suicide: https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/suicide-faq
- BSD Bullying Prevention Website
- Course Planning: IS Four-Year Plan – Blank.
- Math resources available here: https://bsd405.org/international/counseling/academic-resources/