Each year, 5th grade classroom teachers instruct students on the topics of Family Life and Sexual Health (FLASH) and HIV/AIDS. As a parent or guardian, you have the right to request that your student be excluded from these lessons but you must first preview the HIV/AIDS lesson at a parent information meeting in order to exclude your student. Your teacher will send you an invitation to an information meeting before your child receives this instruction.
You may view the written curriculum by following the directions below. Videos that are shown in class will be previewed at the information sessions.
- Visit www.bit.ly/healthpreview
- Login with your student’s BSD email account (firstname.lastname@example.org). For example, Jane Doe would use email@example.com
- The password is s# and the student’s ID. For example: s#123456
- Select grade level 5 to preview the curriculum
- Scroll down to select different pages to preview lesson materials
If you have trouble with your student’s username and password, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org