|Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, &
|8:05 AM – 2:35 PM||8:05 AM – 12:20 PM|
• Prompt and regular school participation by students is important to support their growth, development, and daily learning.
• Students who are late will be marked tardy. If a student misses more than half of the school day, student will be marked absent.
• If your child is going to be absent, please email your child’s teacher AND
firstname.lastname@example.org. The “Report an Absence” button on our school website
(https://bsd405.org/medina) connects you to this email address.
• To excuse an absence, you must alert the school within 48 hours of the missed day.
Student Behavior Expectations
Medina Elementary and the Bellevue School District utilize Positive Behavioral Interventions and
Supports (PBIS) to help students understand, develop, and strengthen skills to be positive and productive
members of our school community. Throughout the year, we work together to teach, model, and
reinforce our Four Agreements which include: Be Kind, Be Safe, Do Your Best, Help the Rest
STUDENT BEHAVIOR & DISCIPLINE SUPPORT
Student behavior and discipline support has two main goals:
1) To ensure the safety of students and staff
2) To create an environment conducive to learning
• At Medina Elementary School, we use a proactive
and restorative* approach to behavior:
• We teach students about our Four Agreements (Be
Kind, Be Safe, Do Your Best, Help the Rest) and we
review these expectations regularly.
• We discuss and practice what these expectations
look like in variety of school settings.
• We teach and discuss as a community how to
identify and prevent bullying behavior.
• We practice how to solve problems and how to use
conflict resolution strategies.
• We positively reinforce our expectations and use
mistakes as a time to learn and repair harm.
District Policy and Procedures
Please refer to our Bellevue School District Policies and Procedures for details.