Follow up to Curriculum Night & Class Meetings
Download slides and handouts here:
- PowerPoint Slides
- PowerPoint Note Sheets
- What Went Well
- Inspire Incremental Growth
- Listen So They Will Hear You
- Four methods for the three basic inquiries of critical thinking
- Helping teens build three story thinking
- Notice, Name, Navigate
- KWL: Know, What, Learn
- Levels of Thinking & Questioning (English, Math, Social Studies)
- Sentence Stems
What the event contained:
- 30 minutes learning questioning techniques to help support your student’s intellectual growth and maturity.
- The teenage brain’s limits of perception and how you can expand your student’s critical thinking skills.
- With these techniques, your student can do the Dance of Independence amiably with you through high school.
- How students can graduate with independent, mature, and thoughtful decision-making and evaluation skills.
Please watch Dion Yahoudy’s Curriculum Night Welcome (https://flipgrid.com/e050b809) and her Class Meetings Conversation (https://flipgrid.com/6185b53b) before this event. Both are less than 10 minutes. Monday’s Principal Conversation builds on her earlier remarks.