- Where to find it.
- How it works.
- Who can help.
How to Track Your Student’s Attendance Record
- All families can verify their student’s attendance record on line, including power outage disruptions.
- ParentVue & StudentVue give you 24/7 access to student records.
- Download the mobile app for ParentVue or StudentVue. Or use the online version.
- Use ParentVue to set up automatic notifications if your student is marked absent from class.
- ParentVue & StudentVue also show grade and assignment records.
- The district ParentVue page includes a button to get help accessing your ParentVue account, including IDs and passwords.
- The district provides these helpful instructions:
Where to Go for Help
- As with any classroom-related activity, always start with your teacher. If your students think the records don’t reflect what happened, have them discuss it with the teacher first.
- If you reported an excused absence that is not reflected in the record, contact our Newport Attendance Specialist Patty Poad (email@example.com).
- Because our staff is so frequently with students during the school day, we recommend that you start with an email contact when possible.
- You can always contact the assistant principal assigned to your student if you still need assistance:
Devin Barrett, Assistant Principal
- Student Alpha: A – Hu
Harland Warrior, Assistant Principal
- Student Alpha: Hua – Pa
Tom O’Connor, Assistant Principal
- Student Alpha: Pe – Z
Navigating the Websites
Many of the Attendance weblinks on our Newport website and the district website take you to the district’s ParentVue/StudentVue page.
To find attendance details about how and when to report an absence at Newport High School, look for these resources on our Newport website:
- On Newport’s homepage, look for a black box with white buttons that contain red symbols. Click the “Report Attendance” button which will take you to attendance information specific to Newport.
- You can also click the Help tab on our Newport website to reach our Newport-specific Attendance information.