Open House—New students & families learn about Newport
Find details & videos from all departments below
Welcome to Newport High School
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Newport and working with you in the coming months to create a course schedule for next year.
Meanwhile, listed below are short video clips (most about two minutes) that will help you get to know us.
Please plan to enjoy a couple each week throughout January and February. Talk with your student about what you learn.
- Learn more about enrollment in Newport High School here.
- Families new to the district will find essential facts here.
In spring, enrolled students will receive an invitation to meet with our counselors to start building your schedule. Students will meet with counselors at school, and we’ll hold a virtual session for families. We also offer fairs and discussions about how to plan a good fit for your student.
Meanwhile, use these resources to get to know our community. We look forward to meeting students AND families.
- Introduction & instructions from Principal Yahoudy: How you can help your student grow, stay happy & healthy, and succeed at Newport
- Orientation video featuring students from our Link Crew (9th grade orientation)
- Welcome message and information about how PTSA enriches our community and opportunities for students.
- Welcome and course information messages from many departments at Newport:
- Art—With courses designed for beginners and experienced artists
- Athletics & PE and Activities/Clubs—Fun and fitness matter in high school. Nearly 100% of Knights participate in a club or activity. Students benefit in many ways from this time with their friends and mentors. These experiences also help students build research, teamwork, communication and leadership skills that they need in life. An Athletics & Activities night on June 1, 2023 will help new families learn about opportunities & obligations that come with these essential aspects of Newport student life.
- Career Courses—Some leading directly to jobs. But also learn how college-bound students get admissions and opportunity boosts from these experiences
- NTV & Digital Media Production—The art and technology behind video and film making.
- English—Learn about how English classes fit into both career and college plans
- Math—From graduation requirements to advanced, real-world math, we offer options and provide support
- Music—At Newport, music isn’t for the gifted alone, there’s plenty of room for students with an interest in music but no prior training
- Science—Explore the variety of courses available in the district’s most diverse science department.
- Social Studies—See how the curriculum develops over four years to build knowledge and career skills
- World Language—Find out why so many Knights continue to study languages from around the world—Chinese, French, Spanish
- Teacher Introductions—You are welcome to check out a few of the Curriculum Night messages that our teachers record each year to help their students, and their families, navigate the year in their class
- Bellevue School Current Course Catalog—Current course descriptions and prerequisites. New edition published each February.
- Where to find answers—If you ever need help at Newport, use this list to contact the person best able to help you.
- Our Family Resources page offers links to a variety of how-to and resource guides.
- The Newport Student Handbook offers quick answers to many questions about everyday activity, policies, and procedures at Newport.