Registering for AP Exams is a 2-step process!
Register by November 14th on the College Board website for each exam you plan to take.
You will need the following…
- An active College Board account. If you have already registered on the College Board website to take previous exams (AP, PSAT, SAT) your account may still be active. Please verify before setting up a 2nd account, as this could prevent all exam scores from being correctly sent to your selected colleges.
- Please go to the College Board website to register or verify your account.
- Make sure your account is set up under your legal name (not your nickname or a parents’ name).
- If you have any problems with your account you will need to contact the College Board directly. High schools are not given any access to College Board accounts, so we cannot help troubleshoot issues.
- A JOIN CODE for each exam you plan to take. Each AP exam is assigned a unique join code. Your teacher can give you the specific join code for your class section.
Pay for each exam by November 14th.
Each AP exam costs $98.00 this year. Payments can be made online through TouchBase (preferred) or in-person with the school accountant.
- Scholarship applications are available (please email Ms. Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org )
The deadline to be considered for a reduced fee is October 20th. (The adjusted fee covers exams only; no late fees are covered by scholarships.)
- All students must go through the payment process. Even if you receive a scholarship, or if you qualify for Free & Reduced Lunch, you must complete this step to ensure an exam is ordered for you. If you qualify, the cost of each exam will automatically be adjusted, but you must complete the check-out process.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER AND PAY FOR EXAMS IS NOVEMBER 14th.
Please note the following…
- Any exam ordered after the College Board deadline (November 14th) will incur a $40.00 late fee PER EXAM.
- Any exam cancelled after the College Board deadline (November 14th) will NOT be refunded.
- Students who require testing accommodations should speak with their counselor if they want to access accommodations for AP exams. All accommodations must be approved by the College Board. The deadline for accommodation approval is January 31st. Once approved, please contact Ms. Schulz (email@example.com) as there is an additional step needed in ordering your exam.
- Please note that students taking multiple exams could be scheduled for 2 exams on the same day, and students will be expected to take both exams as scheduled.