Do you want to be better informed about and have an impact on key education issues? Washington State PTA Legislative …Read More
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Our College & Career Advisor will guide students to comprehensive financial and scholarship information.
Your student should visit the College & Career Center early and often–beginning in ninth grade. Many scholarships require essays and portfolios that students must develop throughout high school.
Students may drop in before or after school or during lunch. They can also make an appointment with Mr. Rios. Families can meet with Mr. Rios as well.
Below are announcements and links to only a few local scholarship opportunities.
- Many colleges and universities include scholarships in the financial aid packages that they offer with admission (based on the FAFSA and Common Application; see help links below). Students should ask at each college that interests them about additional scholarship opportunities for which the student must apply separately from the admission application.
- Students should use Naviance and the internet to search for other opportunities. Each year, millions of dollars in specialized scholarships go unrewarded for lack of eligible applications.
Financial Aid Resources:
- 12th Yr Campaign Financial Aid Information & Filing Events – Sign up
- FAFSA Help – Answers to common FAFSA questions
- Financial Aid 101
- FAFSA & CSS Profile – 21 tips
- WASFA Help – Apply if undocumented or don’t qualify for federal financial aid due to immigration status
- Applying for Financial Aid: Should We or Shouldn’t We? – Brief guide
- Guide to Financial Aid Terms
- Budgeting for College
- How the Average Family Pays for College
- Financial Aid Calculator – Calculates potential awards from the Washington College Grant and Pell Grant Programs
- Financial Aid at Independent Colleges of Washington – Campus specific financial aid links
- WSAC Wash St Loan Education Site – Modules with information on specific topics
- 12th Yr Financial Aid Padlet – Many great resources
- Domestic Undergrad Need-Based & Merit Aid (2022) – Survey of several universities; useful for fin aid planning
- Financial Aid for International Non-Citizens (2022) – Survey of several universities
- Bellevue PTSA Scholarships – BSD PTSA offers 12 – $1000 scholarships to seniors from ea. high school.
- Carla B. Vendeland Memorial Scholarship – Newport High School PTSA offers at least one (1) – $1,000 scholarship(s) to seniors from Newport.
- GearUp Wa Resources – Links to scholarship banks & listings.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund – Scholarships & other resources for families.
- Immigrants Rising – Scholarships and fellowships not requiring proof of citizenship or legal permanent residency.
- QuestBridge – High achieving, low income (start process in 11th grade).
- Study Abroad – U.S. Department of State offers merit-based scholarships for students to study abroad from three weeks to an academic year.
- Thedream.us – Scholarships open to immigrant students with or without DACA or TPS.
- WashBoard Scholarship Search
- Washington College Grant – For eligible Washington residents, including undocumented students.
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) – Nonresident tuition savings for Western students.
When to Push Your Children
And how to know if you’re pushing too hard
Writer: Katherine Martinelli
Clinical Experts: Harold S. Koplewicz, MD , Janine Domingues, PhD
EN …Read More
Bellevue Gifted Alliance is hosting a College Essay Prep Workshop MONDAY March 27th 6:30-8:30pm
We are excited to host a “Demystifying …Read More
Jobs for Clean Water: Career Events
Are you interested in jobs that protect human health and the environment? King County Wastewater Treatment …Read More
The Guaranteed Admissions Program supports a college-going culture and guaranteed admission efforts at Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University, The Evergreen State College, Washington …Read More
College recruiters matter if your student has their sights set on a particular college. These knowledgeable counselors can help your …Read More
College admissions is a stressful process for everyone involved, especially our students. Amy Mezulis, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist …Read More
Colin Diver’s new book, Breaking Ranks: How the Ranking Industry Rules Higher Education and What To Do About It, describes …Read More
If you need an UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT, you can find it in Synergy under the Documents tab.
If an electronic copy of …Read More
Watch this two-minute video to understand two types of skills students need now & later.
Advanced placement courses accomplish three important …Read More