Students and families from all BSD high schools are invited to attend the 2023 BSD Virtual College Conference! The conference …Read More
Scholarships & Financial Aid
Our College & Career Advisor will guide students to comprehensive financial and scholarship information.
Your student should visit the College & Career Center early and often–beginning in ninth grade. Many scholarships require essays and portfolios that students must develop throughout high school.
Students may drop in before or after school or during lunch. They can also make an appointment with Mr. Rios. Families can meet with Mr. Rios as well.
Below are announcements and links to only a few local scholarship opportunities.
- Many colleges and universities include scholarships in the financial aid packages that they offer with admission (based on the FAFSA and Common Application; see help links below). Students should ask at each college that interests them about additional scholarship opportunities for which the student must apply separately from the admission application.
- Students should use Naviance and the internet to search for other opportunities. Each year, millions of dollars in specialized scholarships go unrewarded for lack of eligible applications.
Financial Aid Resources:
- 12th Yr Campaign Financial Aid Information & Filing Events – Sign up
- FAFSA Help – Answers to common FAFSA questions
- Financial Aid 101
- FAFSA & CSS Profile – 21 tips
- WASFA Help – Apply if undocumented or don’t qualify for federal financial aid due to immigration status
- Applying for Financial Aid: Should We or Shouldn’t We? – Brief guide
- Guide to Financial Aid Terms
- Budgeting for College
- How the Average Family Pays for College
- Financial Aid Calculator – Calculates potential awards from the Washington College Grant and Pell Grant Programs
- Financial Aid at Independent Colleges of Washington – Campus specific financial aid links
- WSAC Wash St Loan Education Site – Modules with information on specific topics
- 12th Yr Financial Aid Padlet – Many great resources
- Domestic Undergrad Need-Based & Merit Aid (2022) – Survey of several universities; useful for fin aid planning
- Financial Aid for International Non-Citizens (2022) – Survey of several universities
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) – Nonresident tuition savings for Western students.
- GearUp Wa Resources – Links to scholarship banks & listings.
- WashBoard Scholarship Search
- QuestBridge – High achieving, low income (start process in 11th grade).
- Washington College Grant – For eligible Washington residents, including undocumented students.
- Bellevue PTSA Scholarships – BSD PTSA offers 12 – $1000 scholarships to seniors from ea. high school.
- Immigrants Rising – Scholarships and fellowships not requiring proof of citizenship or legal permanent residency.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund – Scholarships & other resources for families.
- Thedream.us – Scholarships open to immigrant students with or without DACA or TPS.
- Study Abroad – U.S. Department of State offers merit-based scholarships for students to study abroad from three weeks to an academic year.
The Guaranteed Admissions Program supports a college-going culture and guaranteed admission efforts at Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University, The Evergreen State College, Washington …Read More
College recruiters matter if your student has their sights set on a particular college. These knowledgeable counselors can help your …Read More
College admissions is a stressful process for everyone involved, especially our students. Amy Mezulis, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist …Read More
Colin Diver’s new book, Breaking Ranks: How the Ranking Industry Rules Higher Education and What To Do About It, describes …Read More
If you need an UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT, you can find it in Synergy under the Documents tab.
If an electronic copy of …Read More
Watch this two-minute video to understand two types of skills students need now & later.
Advanced placement courses accomplish three important …Read More
Transcripts for College Applications:
Transcripts will be sent to colleges beginning in October. Students may request them at any time.
Career & Technical Education (CTE) gives students experience, knowledge & professional certificates.
Our district CTE courses give students access to dozens …Read More
Principal Conversation featuring special guest Fabian Rios, Newport’s College & Career Advisor
Newport College and Career Advisor Fabian Rios & Principal …Read More