Who to ask?
- First, coach your teen to address the issue and seek help from the people we list in Learn More. Work along side your teen, demonstrating as you go, even when you feel you need to step in. LEARN MORE
Attendance: General Help
- How to access your student’s record, report absences, find information, and correct errors LEARN MORE
Getting Started with Clubs & Teams
- How you can help your student find the right place to get involved in critical after-school activities and teams LEARN MORE
Parent Resource Documents—Handouts from events, worksheets, student support techniques and more.
Use our Guides by Grade to map your journey.
Coaching Your Student:
Setting Up Successful Parent-Teen Conversations
- Simple 4-step process that helps families discuss difficult topics LEARN MORE
Pause & Think: What Went Well
- Simple practice that helps teens recognize their progress and plan for growth LEARN MORE
Pause, Notice, Name & Navigate
- Simple steps to learn to respond thoughtfully rather than reacting emotionally LEARN MORE
Help your teen develop healthy stress tools
- Specific guide and tools to coach your teen to prepare for daily and major stress situations LEARN MORE
Health & Well-Being
Mandarin Parent Event–Family roles in helping students belong in school
- Why belonging matters to learning
- How families help students embrace academic risks that help teens succeed
- Where to go with questions
- Setting your student up to flourish & thrive
College & Career Planning Support:
How many AP courses?
- Guidance on coaching your student to select a healthy AP course load that will get them where they want to go LEARN MORE
Help your student identify key interests
- Discussion guide to help your student explore what courses to take and what careers interest them LEARN MORE
Why your student should take career classes
- All students–even those headed to college–should take a close look at career courses at Newport LEARN MORE
The Bellevue School District acknowledges that we learn, work, live and gather on the Indigenous Land of the Coast Salish peoples, specifically the Duwamish and Snoqualmie Tribes. We thank these caretakers of this land, who have lived and continue to live here, since time immemorial.