The Bellevue School District and City of Bellevue Present: Green Genius Cafeteria Challenge 2018!
It’s time for us at Puesta del Sol to defend our 2017 Green Genius Championship!
Our Puesta del Sol Green Team encourage all students and families to participate in our Green Genius Cafeteria Challenge coming up this Friday, November 16.
What Is The Green Genius Cafeteria Challenge?
A contest for Bellevue schools to decrease cafeteria waste through waste reduction, composting and recycling. Schools are judged on:
- Least amount of garbage per student in the cafeteria on Friday, November 16
- Most innovative zero waste campaign
A record 20 BSD schools participated last year, representing over 13,000 students and staff. Puesta del Sol had the lowest waste per student at lunch and placed first in the Green Genius Cafeteria Challenge last year! We want to defend our title and encourage all students to reduce waste in the cafeteria!
What can families do to help:
- Send food that your child will eat
- Send lunches from home in reusable containers (especially on Friday)
- Ask your child to bring Ziploc bags back home for reuse
- Avoid buying items with lots of packaging
Thank you for promoting waste reduction, recycling and composting at Puesta del Sol!