Wednesday, October 14, 2015 – SUPER WEDNESDAY
View any previous daily bulletins online.
Breakfast is now open at 6:45 am – 7:25 am. See current breakfast & lunch menu online.
SUPER WEDNESDAY IS HERE! Today, Wednesday, October 14th Sammamish students will participate by grade level in the following: 9th grade: PSAT 9 | 10th grade: ACT | 11th grade: PSAT | 12th grade: College Day.
9th, 10th, and 11th grade students will report to their assigned testing classrooms at 7:30. Testing rooms will be posted outside the main office and the student commons this week. 12th grade students will report to the library for College Workshops from 8:00 am to 11:00 am.
Freshman class election assembly will be held on Wednesday, October 14th after testing (11 am) in the Main Gym. A voting ballot will be sent via email. All votes are due in by Thursday, October 15th. Stay tuned!
***We will have an alternate schedule tomorrow, Thursday, Oct. 16th – ALL PERIODS (Mon/Tues/Fri Schedule) AND Homecoming Assembly Schedule on Friday, Oct. 17th.***
SPORTS/ACTIVITES: GO TOTEMS!
- Sports/Activities: View the Athletic Schedule online for current schedules.
|Wednesday, October 14, 2015|
|4:00 PM||Boys Cross Country||Varsity||Interlake||(2) Bellevue…||Marymoor Park||2:30 PM|
|4:00 PM||Girls Cross Country||Varsity||Interlake||(2) Bellevue…||Marymoor Park||2:30 PM|
|6:30 PM||Girls Soccer||C-Team||Sammamish||Redmond||Sammamish High School|
|7:00 PM||Skit Night||Sammamish HS – Main Gym|
|8:00 PM||Boys Water Polo||Varsity||Sammamish||Roosevelt||Phantom Lake Pool|
- WINTER CHEER TRYOUTS:
- Mandatory Parent and Cheerleader Meeting: Wednesday, October 21st, 6-7pm, Library
- Cheer Clinics: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Oct 26th, 27th, and 29th (No Wed), 3:45-5:45pm, Dance Room
- Final Tryouts: Monday. 11/2, 4p-7p, Dance Room
- Cheer packets will be available in Mrs. Tomlinson’s office.
- Come to Friday’s C Football Game
- Attend Friday’s football game vs. Interlake in our stadium kickoff 7 pm.
- The first 30 students with ASB cards that check with the concession stand will receive a free goodie bag.
- Halftime Activities include
- Marching Band Performance
- Drill Performance
- Homecoming Royalty
- Tribute to Mark West
- Cheer Performance
- Student Contest sponsored by the Grid Iron Club
- No admission charge for this Friday’s game.
Homecoming tickets on sale: Monday, October 5th – Thursday, October 15th. See Ms. Healy in Accounting (2nd window on the 2nd floor by the Main Office) before school, during lunches, or after school.
- Homecoming theme is: Night at the Movies
- Date: Saturday, October 17th from 8:00p – 11:00p
- Price of tickets: $25 with ASB, $30 without ASB, $35 for Non-SHS students (guest pass must be signed prior to purchasing ticket! – Pick up your guest pass form from Accounting.)
- Scholarship ticket price: $10 with a limited number of scholarship (20 tickets) students must see their counselor!
- Location of dance: 1st Floor Atrium of the Gorgeous NEW Sammamish Building.
- Dress code: no jeans
NOTE: The accounting office will be closed this Friday, Oct. 16th, after school. Please plan ahead!
Activities & Clubs: View current club listings online. All students welcomed!
|DECA||(Alternate Wednesdays)||12:40 pm||Room 110||Jeff Bright|
|Key Club||Wednesdays||12:15 pm||Room 310||Patricia Beltran|
|Hip Hop Club||Thursdays||2:30 pm||Room 220||Mackenzie Young|
|Disney Club||Thursdays||3:00 pm||Room 121||Mackenzie Young|
|Latino HEAT||Thursdays||3:15 pm||Room 308||Jannely Quintana|
|Math Club||Thursdays||3:05 pm||Room325||Don Burress|
|Producer’s Meeting||Thursdays||3:05 – 4:30 pm||Room 175||Cory Edwards|
|World Relief||Thursdays||3:05 pm||Room 216||Rob Hallock|
- World Relief’s Syrian Refugee Fundraiser: Come to the 2nd floor area near the Accountant’s office this Thursdays. Purchase lollipops 3 for $1. All proceeds will be going to aid the Syrian refugees!
COLLEGE/CAREER: Any questions? Contact Ms. McDonald, SHS Career Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org). Office Hours: Mon-Thurs, 7am-3pm, Room 343. Visit the Career Center Website for more info: http://bsd405.org/sammamish/counseling/career-center/
- Seniors- College Corps is in the Career Center (room 343) after school today. Volunteers will be in there Mondays through Thursdays to help you with your college applications and essays. Please drop in and use this very valuable resource! Any questions please contact Ms. Scott in the Career Center.
- Attention students 9-12th grade! Did you know you can enroll for free in the Architecture, Construction, Engineering Internship (ACE)? Any students can sign up today. Register TODAY at www.acementor.org. For more information, go to the career center in room 343.
- Juniors can sign up for the Washington Scholars Program. For more information, check the career center website and newsletter.
- College Visits: Sign up in Naviance. Be sure to check Naviance often for current college visit listing. When you sign up, please note the location of the visit. All visits will take place either in Room 343 (Career Center) or Library. Please sign up for the college visits you’re interested in AHEAD OF TIME!!!
|University of California, San Diego||Library||10/14/15 7:30 AM|
|PSAT/NMSQT||–||10/14/15 8:00 AM|
|College Workshop #1||Library||10/14/15 8:00 AM|
|University of Oregon||library||10/15/15 10:00 AM|
|Yale-NUS College||Library||10/15/15 11:00 AM|
|Chapman University||library||10/15/15 1:00 PM|
|Rochester Institute of Technology||library||10/15/15 1:30 PM|
|Hampshire College||Library||10/16/15 2:00 PM|
|Seattle National College Fair||Washington State Convention Center||10/17/15 12:00 PM|
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
Re-take photo day is scheduled for Friday, October 23rd. Pick up your photo packets from Ms .Tomlinson, if you haven’t done so already. (Room 418).
|Sammamish High School October 12-17, 2015. We will have a “Clothes for the Cause” truck in the parking lot. If we are not there, please drop off the bag or box full of goods by the truck. Please make sure it is sealed as they must be dry! Hours of Operation:
· October 12-15: 12:30pm – 2pm & 3pm – 6pm
· HOMECOMING DAY October 16th we will have extended hours till 7pm
· October 17: 8am – 12pm
|Poinsettia & Wreath Sales – Order Now! Order your wreaths and poinsettias now for the upcoming holiday season. Great gifts for your friends, family and co-workers, with prices as low as $5. High quality plants and greenery will be available for pick-up on Tuesday, December 1st. Print the Poinsettia/Wreath Order Form and mail the form and payment or drop it off at school before Monday, October 25th. (Details on the form). This fundraiser benefits the Class of 2016 to help reduce the ticket price for Senior Graduation Night so that all our graduates can attend. So please, forward this to your friends, family and co-workers.|
|SKI AND BOARD Saturdays/support your PTSA! Join the Saturday Bellevue Ski School Program. Give your student an enjoyable day on the slopes. All levels welcome (Grades 2nd – 12th). Transportation provided by BSD and Coach. 6 week and 8 week options. Discount pricing until Nov. 30th. Sign up before Dec. 15. Partnering w/Bellevue School District since 1958. For information and Registration go to:www.bellevueskischool.com or email:info@BellevueSkiSchool. com|