Tuesday, October 20, 2015 – Regular Schedule
Breakfast is now open at 6:45 am – 7:25 am. See current breakfast & lunch menu online.
Parking: Student parking is available only to cars with a parking permit. Students may park in the south parking lot (next to the gym) and in the Lake Hills Baptist Church parking lot, just south of campus. Students may not park in the staff lot behind the school. Parking in staff or guest spots, or without a pass, will result in a $20 fee. If a student continues to park in the wrong areas or without a pass after earning $100 in fees, the car may be towed.
Important Senior Class Graduation Meeting today in the Library from 2:35 – 3:00 pm. Briefly meet in the library to get info from the Josten’s representative about graduation caps & gowns.
SPORTS/ACTIVITES: GO TOTEMS!
|Tuesday, October 20, 2015|
|4:00 PM||Boys Tennis||Varsity||Sammamish||Liberty||Bellevue High School|
|5:30 PM||Volleyball||JV||Mercer Island||Sammamish||Mercer Island High School|
|5:30 PM||Volleyball||C-Team||Mercer Island||Sammamish||Mercer Island High School|
|7:00 PM||Volleyball||Varsity||Mercer Island||Sammamish||Mercer Island High School||4:15 PM|
|7:45 PM||Boys Water Polo||Varsity||Mercer Island||Sammamish||Mercer Island High School|
- WINTER SPORTS sign-ups are going on NOW! If you are interested in Basketball, Gymnastics, Boys Swim, or Wrestling, please register by Monday, November 9th at: https://www.familyid.com/organizations/sammamish – All winter sports, except for Boys Swim, needs an IMPACT test. Every sport needs a current physical on file. Questions? Please see Ms. Tomlinson
- DRILL TEAM TRYOUTS: Come join the drill team for an exciting new year. New uniforms, new routines and tons of fun. You will need to register online and have a physical form from your doctor before practices start. Tryouts in the East Gym, Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri from 3:30 – 5:30 through the end of this month. Any questions? Contact Coach Megan Hedges, email@example.com or Isabella Zesati, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WINTER CHEER TRYOUTS:
- Mandatory Parent and Cheerleader Meeting: Wednesday, October 21st, 6-7pm, Library
- Cheer Clinics: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Oct 26th, 27th, and 29th (No Wed), 3:45-5:45pm, Dance Room
- Final Tryouts: Monday. 11/2, 4p-7p, Dance Room
- Cheer packets will be available in Mrs. Tomlinson’s office.
- GIRLS GYMNASTICS TEAM INTEREST MEETING: Interested in joining the girls gymnastics team? Come to the meeting in the Library on Thursday, October 22nd from 3:00 – 3:45 pm. Questions? Contact Coach Jessica Buck (email@example.com)
Activities & Clubs: View current club listings online. All students welcomed!
|Environmental Warriors||Tuesdays||3:00 PM||Room 231||Keith Onstot|
|Yearbook||Tuesdays||2:40 PM||Library – TMA||Mitch Leffler|
|Hip Hop Club||Tuesdays||3:10 PM||Room 220||Mackenzie Young|
|Feminist Club||Tuesdays||3:05 PM||Room 219||Karissa Stay|
|DECA||Alternate Weds||12:20 PM||Room 110||Jeff Bright|
|Key Club||Wednesday||12:20 PM||Room 310||Patricia Beltran|
COLLEGE/CAREER: Any questions? Contact Ms. McDonald, SHS Career Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org). Office Hours: Mon-Thurs, 7am-3pm, Room 343. Visit the Career Center Website for more info: http://bsd405.org/sammamish/counseling/career-center/
- Seniors- College Corps is in the Career Center (room 343) after school. Volunteers will be in there Mondays through Thursdays to help you with your college applications and essays. Please drop in and use this very valuable resource! Any questions please contact Ms. Scott in the Career Center.
- College Visits: When you sign up, please note the location of the visit. All visits will take place either in Room 343 (Career Center) or Library. Please sign up for the college visits you’re interested in AHEAD OF TIME!!!
|University of Redlands||Room 343||Tues, Oct. 20 – 9:00 AM|
|Claremont McKenna College||Room 343||Thurs, Oct. 22 – 9:00 AM|
|Military Day – US Air force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Coast||Library Porch||Thurs, Oct. 22 – 10:40 AM|
|Rensselaer Admissions Info Session||Seattle Marriot Bellevue||Thurs, Oct. 22 – 7:00 PM|
|Pacific Lutheran University||Room 201 (Jubilee Reach Room)||Fri, Oct. 23 – 8:00 AM|
- SHS PTSA Student Volunteer Opportunities – SEPT/OCT/NOV Birthday Cards. Help design and create birthday cards for the following SHS staff members who have birthdays in Sept/Oct/Nov: Mr. McCarthy, Ms. Neshyba, Ms. Peterson, Mr. Duenwald, Ms. Smith, Mr. Reese, Ms. McDonald, Ms. Gilkey, Ms. Krause, Ms. Smoot, Ms. Lang, Mr. Cantu, Mr. Edwards, Mr. Burlingame, Ms. Whitworth, Ms. Russell, Ms. Danielson, Mr. Libolt, Ms. Larson. If you are interested, please sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f44ada62fa5fb6-birthday. Please only design the FRONTS of the cards and LEAVE THE INSIDES BLANK. Pick up blank cards from the pouch in the Main Office. Cards need to be completed by Friday, October 23rd. Students can earn community service hours through this project. Drop off forms along with completed cards to the Main Office in the envelope located next to the PTSA/STEPS mailbox. Questions? Please contact Beth Steinberg at email@example.com.
- FALL FESTIVAL at Cherry Crest Elementary: Friday, October 23rd from 6-8pm. Play games with kids, participate in the haunted house, face painting! Balloon artists! Earn community service hours! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
|RETAKES!||Re-take photo day – this Friday, October 23rd. Pick up your photo packets from Ms. Tomlinson, if you haven’t done so already. (Room 418)|
|Poinsettia & Wreath Sales – Order Now! Order your wreaths and poinsettias now for the upcoming holiday season. Great gifts for your friends, family and co-workers, with prices as low as $5. High quality plants and greenery will be available for pick-up on Tuesday, December 1st. Print the Poinsettia/Wreath Order Form and mail the form and payment or drop it off at school before Monday, October 25th. (Details on the form). This fundraiser benefits the Class of 2016 to help reduce the ticket price for Senior Graduation Night so that all our graduates can attend. So please, forward this to your friends, family and co-workers.|
|City of Bellevue Youth Link & Diversity Advantage program presents “Unity Through Diversity: Moving Beyond First Impressions” Cultural Celebration Event – Thursday, November 12, 2015 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at Bellevue Youth Theatre – 16051 SE 10th Street, Bellevue. The event will showcase various performances from community groups sharing their stories of inspiration, unique perspectives, and message of unity. Light refreshments will be provided. Event is FREE but spaces are very limited. To RSVP, visit http://unitythroughdiversityevent.bpt.me For more info or for accomodations, contact Mark Manuel, City of Bellevue Diversity Program Coordinator at email@example.com|
|SKI AND BOARD Saturdays/support your PTSA! Join the Saturday Bellevue Ski School Program. Give your student an enjoyable day on the slopes. All levels welcome (Grades 2nd – 12th). Transportation provided by BSD and Coach. 6 week and 8 week options. Discount pricing until Nov. 30th. Sign up before Dec. 15. Partnering w/Bellevue School District since 1958. For information and Registration go to:www.bellevueskischool.com or email:info@BellevueSkiSchool. com|