Dear SHS Families;
We are so excited to begin the 20-21 school year (Remote Learning). I was thrilled to see so many of our newest family members join us last night at the 9th Grade/New Student Orientation. Hopefully, our presentation answered some of your questions and was a source of inspiration. For those that could not join, we will place the video on the website as soon as it is available. I just wanted to share a couple of updates and reminders.
As of 6:00pm yesterday, you should have access to your student’s class schedule. We realize that some of your schedules may contain holes. Your counselors are aware of these mistakes and they are working extremely hard to remedy these errors as quickly as possible. I am asking that you not email counselors this week so that they may dedicate their time to completing this task. For this first week, your student may not have a complete schedule. They should attend all classes that are in the current schedule, even if you feel they are incorrect.
If your student has 7 classes on their schedule for 1st Semester, but there is a correction needed based upon the following: placed in the wrong level, missing graduation requirement or missing prerequisite course credit, please submit a Schedule Correction Request. No other schedule change request will be considered at this time.
HOW TO ACCESS MY CLASSES TOMORROW
- Students will log in to their district laptop and open Microsoft Teams
- In Teams, open the calendar section and you should see invitations to your individual classes. Click on the link in the invitation and the “join now” button at the beginning of each class.
- If you do not see one of your classes in the calendar section, look on the teams list on the left of your page and select the team with the same name of your class. Inside the class team you will see a meeting in progress, and you can click the “join now” button.
- If you are having trouble finding your class, email Aron Early firstname.lastname@example.org or Suzanne Reeve email@example.com.
- If you are having trouble opening programs or email on your district laptop, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (425) 456-4321.
We want to ensure that children continue to have access to the nutrition they need to succeed. The Meals2Go program, offered by our Nutrition Services team, is designed to provide a FREE grab & go breakfast and lunch option for families to access for their child(ren). Meals will be available beginning Wednesday, September 2 for any child 18 years and younger. For more information about the Free Meals to go program, please visit Meals2Go.
Students and families can get technology support by phone, email or in-person. All students have access to the district’s Student How-to-Guides online. Sometimes, restarting a device can solve basic issues. For more information about technology support, please visit Tech Support.