I am excited to announce that starting Tuesday September 8th we will be offering in person workouts for any student interested in participating. Sammamish Stay Active is the name of the program. In order to sign up, parents will need to log into final forms and add the activity “COED SAMMAMISH STAY ACTIVE” for their student. There will be four (4) different time slots to choose from to participate in. Please note that the student account cannot register for sports or activities.
Students do not need a valid physical to participate, and there are no fees involved. Once a student has registered they will be contacted via email by the athletic office to inform them which pod they have been placed in and what zone to report to. A “pod” of consist of up to 5 students. They will remain with that pod through the month of September. Please understand that we cannot change a student’s pod and a student cannot be in multiple pods.
All four of the workout times that are listed below will be full body workouts led by Sammamish Coaches. Each pod will be doing the same workouts that were created by our staff.
Here are the dates scheduled for Sammamish Stay Active. There may be more days added if our numbers are high enough. Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Monday 4:15pm & 5:30pm
9/8 (Tuesday), 9/14, 9/21
- Please note if you would choose to sign up for the Monday sessions. The first session will be on Tuesday 9/8 due to Labor Day.
Thursday 4:15pm & 5:30pm
9/10, 9/17, 9/24
Here are the safety measures and policies that are in place for our athletes and coaches. These are consistent with the Phase 2 guidelines in Washington’s re-opening plan. We will be screening athletes temperature and for any symptoms prior to them participating in any activity and students that do not pass screening will be sent home and parents will be notified if that happens.
- No gathering of more than 5 athletes at a time.
- Athletics should be conducted in “pods” of students with the same 5 athletes always attending together. This ensures more limited exposure if someone develops an infection.
- Staff/Coaches must work to assign team members to pods, communicate these pods ahead of any in-person activity, and ensure that each pod receives an opportunity for meaningful participation.
- Coaches may work with multiple pods if they practice appropriate physical distancing from students. It is recommended that a coach work with no more than 4 pods at a time.
- There must always be a minimum distance of 6 feet between individuals. Appropriate physical distancing will need to be maintained within the facility. Consider using tape or temporary field marking paint as a guide for participants and coaches.
- Coaches and participants should wear face coverings, including outdoors unless a participant qualifies for a health exemption.
- No participant or staff/coach can have any contact whatsoever with another individual. This includes sharing of any materials or equipment.
- No indoor changing facilities may be utilized. Students should report to activities ready to participate and immediately return home at the end of the activity.
- No individuals may observe any activity during Phase 2.
Sammamish High School
Activities and Athletic Director