Hello Senior Students & Families –
Tomorrow is the big day! Our graduates will take their next big steps and surpass the major milestone of graduating from high school! The Class of 2021 is a stellar and caring group of students and community members and we cannot wait to see what they accomplish beyond their time here at Sammamish. Here are some final reminders, as we are now less than 24 hours from Graduation!
Graduation Ceremony Event – Sammamish High School Seniors will be able to attend their Graduation Ceremony at T-Mobile Park in Seattle on Friday, June 25th, starting at 12:30pm, with gates opening at 11:30am. We suggest getting to T-Mobile Park no later than 12:15pm, so you have plenty of time to find your seats and get settled before the Ceremony begins.
Live-Stream Information – This event will be live-streamed and the link for viewing sent to Families via email on Tuesday, June 22nd. For security reasons, we cannot post the link to our website, so families must access the link through email – You are welcome to forward the link to any family you have joining virtually.
Parking Information – Seniors and families can park in the Mariners Parking Garage, across Edgar Martinez Drive from the Stadium, free of charge. There is plenty of parking space available, as well as, ADA parking on each level of the garage.
Ticketing Information – All attendees, including graduates, will need a ticket for entry – Children under 2 years old sitting in a lap do not need a ticket. Tickets were issued to Seniors, during checkout over the last week. Graduates will be sitting with their families for the ceremony and then will be dismissed down to the field to cross the stage.
Will Call – Will Call is located between the Home Plate and Right Field entrances of T-Mobile Park and Ms. Tomlinson will be there ready to help issue and reissue your assigned tickets. Some reasons you would visit Will Call are as follows:
- If you forgot or lost your tickets
- If your graduate did not pick up their tickets, during Check Out
- If you’re seated in Section 122
Entry Information – Please utilize Entrances, based on your seating location:
- Families & Graduates in Sections 118 – 129, please use the Right Field Gate
- Families & Graduates sitting in Sections 131 – 142, please use the Home Plate Entrance
- Anyone requiring the use of an elevator, please use the Home Plate Entrance
Mask Use Policy – In line with T-Mobile Park’s current rules, attendees and graduates must adhere to the following:
Fully vaccinated guests and graduates at T-Mobile Park are no longer required to wear a mask. Fully vaccinated means that a person has received their 2nd dose of the Pfizer/Moderna vaccine or their dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and two weeks have elapsed, since their final shot was received. The Park has adopted an “honor system” and staff will assume that any unmasked attendee has been fully vaccinated.
Masks that cover the nose and mouth are mandatory for all attendees 2 years and older who are not considered to be fully vaccinated.
Please continue to self-monitor and adhere to current social distancing practices.
Items Allowable in T-Mobile Park – The following are allowed per guest at T-Mobile Park:
- One factory-sealed water bottle or empty plastic water bottle 32 ounces or less
- Cameras without a bag
- Blankets not in a bag
- Signs or “Fat Heads” no larger than 28” x 28” that are not on a stick or pole
- Strollers, wheelchairs and other mobility products
- Flowers, not in a vase
Items NOT Allowed in T-Mobile Park – The following is an abridged version of the items that are not allowed at T-Mobile Park:
- No bags or purses – Exceptions allowed are:
- Medically Necessary Items
- Single Compartment Diaper Bags with the Accompanying Child
- Clutch-Sized Purses – No Larger than 4.5” x 6.5”
- Noise Makers/Bells
- Wrapped Packages
- Audio Recording Devices
- Balloons or Other Inflatables
- Flag Poles, Sticks, or Selfie Sticks
- Animals – Service Animals Allowed
- Flasks, Glass or Ceramic Containers
- Weapons of Any Kind
Graduate Name Reader Cards – All Graduates must pick up their Name Reader Cards on the concourse, between Sections 119 & 125. They will pick up their pre-filled card at one of five tables, based on their Counselor:
- Last Names A – De: Heather Smith Table
- Last Names Df – H: Elaena Williams Pagaran Table
- Last Names I – Mp: Yuchen Zhang Table
- Last Names Mq – Sc: Nicole Kemp Table
- Last Names Sd – Z: Jaime Hoener Table
Graduates will need to take this card with them when they go to receive their diploma cover.
Seating at T-Mobile Park – As mentioned before, all graduates are sitting with their guests. Seating was assigned using pods that were between 1 and 6 tickets large – This means that your tickets may be spread across rows or sections. Please sit in your assigned seats – Once everyone else gets settled around your group, then you may consolidate. Please maintain appropriate social distance from other pods. If someone comes with a ticket for a seat you’ve moved to, please return to your seat assignment.
Graduation Attire – All graduates must wear a cap, gown, stole and tassel to participate at graduation. If you do not have all of these items, please reach out to our Jostens Representative, Mike Annis (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: (206) 931-4723), to order yours.
For information on graduation attire guidelines and cap decorations, check out our Graduation Attire Information page.
Crossing the Stage (“Walking”) – After the SHS Class of 2021 has been accepted by our presiding BSD School Board Director, Carolyn Watson:
- We will make an announcement to dismiss our first half of graduates to the concourse to make their way towards Section 117 to line up to go to the field and cross the stage at 2nd Base. Graduates need to take their Name Reader Cards with them to the stage.
- After about five minutes, we will dismiss the second half of graduates to do the same.
- After the second announcement, we will begin reading graduate names
- After crossing the stage, graduates will go up the stairs at Section 142 and make their way back to their seats.
A map of how graduates get to and from the field is available here – We will also have staff members on the concourse to help direct graduates. Graduates will be walking on the baseball diamond, on their way to the stage – Graduates, please consider wearing appropriate shoes, based on the amount of walking you’ll be doing and that part of your journey will be walking on the field and dirt.
End of Ceremony Details – After the conclusion of the ceremony, we ask that you make your way to the nearest exit, as quickly as possible. We have another graduation setting up, after our ceremony, and we want to make sure we clear the building for them. Families and graduates may opt to take photos and congregate in the Pavilion, just west of the Mariners Parking Garage – Please remember to practice social distancing and do not jaywalk across Edgar Martinez Drive, as it is a very busy street.
Purchasing Graduation Photos – Grad Images will be taking photos of graduates as they collect their diploma cover and leave the stage at graduation this year. Once the photos are ready, graduates and families can search for their photos at: www.gradimages.com. If you would like to pre-register your contact information, to make sure you are notified, when photos are ready for purchase, please do so here. Anyone who pre-registers will get a code for 20% off of their order of at least $50.
Senior Diploma Information:
Graduates will receive their diploma through the mail. Please check StudentVUE/ParentVUE to confirm that your mailing address is correct. For any updates, please reach out to our Registrar, Esmeralda Bailon (email@example.com), to get these changes made. We will be mailing diplomas out to graduates and their families in July.
This is a moment we all have been waiting for and we are so excited to celebrate our graduates with you all tomorrow.
Graduation Timing: Friday, June 25th @ T-Mobile Park
- Gates Open: 11:30am
- Will Call Open: 11:30am – 12:45pm
- Ceremony: 12:30pm – 2:00pm