SHS Daily Bulletin 01/19/2021
Wednesdays (Block Periods 2, 4 & 6):
|Grab & Go Snacks||12:40pm||12:55pm|
Need to know what lunch you have? Check out the lunch assignments, based on your 5th period class here! Access the printable bell schedule here!
French Toast Sticks
Lunch Special of the Day:
Cheese Hoagie with Multigrain Sunchips
SHS Sports TODAY:
|5:40pm||Boys Basketball||JV||Renton HS||SHS Lower Gym|
|5:40pm||Girls Basketball||Varsity||Renton HS||SHS|
|7:15pm||Boys Basketball||C||Renton HS||SHS Lower Gym|
|7:15pm||Boys Basketball||Varsity||Renton HS||SHS|
SHS Clubs TODAY:
|Feminism Club||Ms. Shih||306||3:30pm – 4:30pm|
|Asian American Pacific Islanders||Mr. Shih||305||3:30pm – 4:30pm|
|Green/ EnACT Club||Ms. Larson/Ms. Neshyba||Atrium||3:30pm – 4:30pm|
|Hip Hop Club||Ms. Lorenz||Atrium||3:30pm|
|Unified Club||Ms. Rehart||123||3:30pm – 4:00pm|
|First Tech Challenge||Ms. Herzog||143||3:30pm-4:30pm|
|Red Cross Club||Mr. Rocha||129||3:00pm-3:30pm|
|Journalism Club||Mr. Leffler||311||3:05pm -3:30pm|
Spring Sports: Starts February 28th
- Interested in Spring Sports? Such as Boys Soccer, Girls Fastpitch, Boys Baseball, Track & Field, Girls Badminton, Girls Golf, Girls Tennis, Girls Water Polo, and Boys & Girls LAX. NOW is the time to SIGN UP and get your paperwork completed. Have your parents register you, fill out the registration forms at: https://www.bellevue-wa.finalforms.com
- Get your physical in if needed. They are valid for 2 years. Must be signed by a physician. If you need a physical form, please see Ms. Tomlinson or download this link: sports-medical-history-physical-exam.pdf. All sports need IMPACT testing except: Badminton, Golf, Tennis and Track & Field.
Announcement from Mr. Richardson:
Up until recently there have been little issue with the use of the whiteboards by students. Students have created positive unitying messages and beautiful art. As the year has progressed, we started to see a change in the messaging from unity to division, from uplifting to derogatory and profane. There were even messages that targeted individual students by name. This change has necessitated an uptick in monitoring by school staff and an increase in the workload of an already overstretched custodial staff. As a result, the whiteboards will only be used for academic/classroom purposes. Anything that goes up will be taken down unless it is an extension of classroom learning.
Students who wish to broadcast messages or make announcements can work with their club advisors to produce posters or Leadership has created an announcement board closest to the main office.
We will engage student leadership and other ASB clubs in future discussions about student use of the whiteboards, but for now, this is the expectation.
SHS Mariachi Club
We are re-launching our SHS Mariachi Club! If you are interested in playing or singing in our Mariachi band, come to the band room, room 175, on WEDNESDAY JANUARY 19th right after school. For more information about Mariachi, email Mrs. Davis at email@example.com
BOOM centers on student-led experiences, with developmentally appropriate topics and conversations for middle and high school students in grades 7-12. Under the BOOM umbrella, each month will feature virtual events, which you can learn more about here.
The first virtual event of the year will take place on Wednesday, January 19, at 3 p.m.
To sign up look for an email from the Equity and Family Engagement Department that was sent out Friday, January 7.
Congratulation to Robotics!:
Congratulation to Team 16750, Sammamish’s own FTC Robotics Club for winning their Interleague event this weekend and qualifying for the State Championships next month. The team is currently ranked 1st in the state and 6th in the World in Scoring Power! The team also won the Innovate Award for the hinged turret arm design of their robot, Osprey. Be sure to give them an air high five if you see them around school.
Notes from the Librarian (Ms. Miller- firstname.lastname@example.org):
SHS Library News: http://bsd405.org/sammamish/resources/library/
Notes from the Accountant (Ms. Healy – email@example.com):
Have you pre-ordered your yearbook yet? Yearbooks are on sale again until 1/28/22 for $50.00. You can purchase online at https://wa-bellevue.intouchreceipting.com/ or at the accounting window.
Yearbook needs your photos! Send all photos to SHSYearbook@BSD405.org
- Class collages- photos of you and others from the same grade. Include names of everyone in the photo. We really need Freshman and Sophomore photos!
- Pets- Photo with you and your pet. Include your pets name and breed
- Redhawk Rides- If you have a valid parking pass, Submit a photo of you and your vehicle-Include the Make/Model/Year of your vehicle
- SHS Siblings-Photo of you and your sibling (all must attend SHS)
Notes from the College & Career Advisor (Ms. Lopez-Kopp – firstname.lastname@example.org):
Upcoming Events & Deadlines:
- Robotics for All is a student-lead nonprofit organization looking for student volunteers
- Bellevue College Foundations scholarship is NOW open & accepting applications
- Upcoming virtual college resource fair for students with disAbilities. Sign up to attend: Resource Fair
- Looking for a job? Check out our virtual jobs board
- Trying to find an internship or community service hours opportunity? Check out: Events & Opportunities