SHS Daily Bulletin 06/10/2022
Mondays, Tuesdays, & Fridays (Periods 0 – 7):
Need to know what lunch you have? Check out the lunch assignments, based on your 5th period class here! Access the printable bell schedule here!
Seattle Storm Slam Dunk!
Chicken Corndog with Bakes Fires
Yearbooks are here!! If you pre-ordered a yearbook, please come pick it up at Ms. Healy’s window during lunch.
Remember that all fines/fees must be clear to pick up, so check your account to make sure you are clear.
If you did not pre-order, we do have extras available for $50.00. Extras will be sold on a first come, first serve basis by grade at the accounting window. All fines/fees must be clear.
Seniors will have priority on Thursday June 9th
Juniors may purchase starting Friday June 10th
Sophomores may purchase starting Tuesday June 14th
Freshman may purchase starting on Wednesday June 15th.
Students should request tickets here. Students must use their school issued device to request tickets. The deadline to request tickets has been extended to June 9th. Students who do not request tickets, will receive the default amount of 5 tickets. Requesting tickets allows us to offer extra tickets to some of our larger families.
Tickets will be distributed after graduation rehearsal on Wednesday, June 15th. Attendance at graduation rehearsal (10am) is mandatory.
End of the Year – Seniors and Other Students Leaving Bellevue
We’ve enjoyed having you as a student here at Sammamish High School! We’re at that time of year when we need to wrap things up, which includes collecting your district devices. Below you will find directions on how to make sure everything you may need in the future is saved and accessible to you.
SENIOR LAPTOP COLLECTION IS TUESDAY JUNE 14TH from 9-11 in the library according to the schedule below:
- 9:00 Last names A-E
- 9:30 Last names F-K
- 10:00 Last names L-P
- 10:30 Last names R-U
- 11:00 Last names V-Z
YOU MUST RETURN YOUR COMPUTER and other district devices, PAY ANY FINES with the accountant, and COMPLETED YOUR HIGH SCHOOL AND BEYOND PLAN in Naviance in order to pick up your graduation tickets and cords.
Cap and Gown:
If you ordered your Cap and Gown from Jostens and were not able to make it to the distribution day last week, please come to the main office to check and see if your cap and gown is here. Please note, we cannot give you a friends gown, each student must pick up their own gown! Congratulation Seniors, Graduation is only a few weeks away!
Notes from the Librarian (Ms. Miller- firstname.lastname@example.org):
SHS Library News: http://bsd405.org/sammamish/resources/library
SHS Library Closures:
- Starting Monday, June 13th, the library will be CLOSED for year-end inventory and laptop collection days. Students with open periods, running start schedules or travel periods may still sign into the library. In addition, food will no longer be permitted in the library, so please plan to take your lunch breaks in the cafeteria or outside. Thanks for your cooperation!
End-of-Year REMINDERS from the library:
- Please return your library books by Friday, June 10th so we can finish our annual library inventory. Replacement fines have automatically been added to your account and no one wants to pay a lost book fine. Return your items to the book cart outside the library (or to Ms. Healy in the Accounting office).
- If you have books from middle school, they can still be returned. Bring them to the library and we’ll send them back to the correct schools.
- Interested in Summer Reading programs? Check out these options!
- 2022-KCLS-Summer Reading Program
- It’s that magical time of year again – the start of KCLS’s Summer Reading Program! Please download the reading log and instructions. After 500 minutes of reading, bring your log to any KCLS branch for a halfway prize. Read 1,000 minutes and bring your log to any KCLS branch for a finisher prize.
- Remember, this is a challenge for all ages! In September, let’s all compare notes about what we read over the summer 😊 You can also find more information here: https://kcls.org/summer/
- Prefer book bingo? Try Seattle Public Library (yes you can use them, even living in Bellevue). Read books in each category and once you have a bingo, you will be entered into a prize drawing. View/download PDF here.
- FREE Summer Audiobook Program for teens
- 2022-KCLS-Summer Reading Program
Happy Summer reading!
Notes from the College & Career Advisor (Ms. Lopez-Kopp – email@example.com):
- Upcoming Events & Deadlines:
- Completing your High School & Beyond Plan is a graduation requirement. If you are a senior & need help, schedule a meeting with Ms. Lopez-Kopp
- Earn 120 community service hours this summer by helping children with physical disabilities at Kiwanis Camp Casey.
- Interested in attending BC next year & need help navigating college? Attend BC’s Summer Open House event!
- Looking for a summer job? Check out the jobs board.