With the school year winding down, here are a few REMINDERS from the library.
- Make sure to return your library books! Once an overdue book is marked lost, the cost of the book will be automatically added to your account and no one wants to pay a lost book fine. Please return your library books by Friday, June 10th so we can finish our annual library inventory. You may return your library items to the book cart outside the library, or directly to Ms. Healy at the Accounting window.
- Textbooks should be returned to your teachers, not to the library. Not sure if it’s a library book or a textbook? Here are 2 ways to tell:
- Check the spine for a call # label which will look something like this. if the book doesn’t have one, it isn’t a library book.
- Check the book for an Sammamish High School Library stamp on the top or side of the book. Textbooks don’t have this stamp.
- If you have lost books from middle school, they can still be returned. Bring them to the library and I’ll send them back to the correct schools.
SHS LIBRARY NEWS:
- Visit our SHS library site for the latest news, including SHS library closures.
- Go to Destiny Discover to search for books, place hold requests; under “MY STUFF” you can see which books you currently have checked out, history, and current fines/fees.
- June is Rainbow Book Month
- Check out our NEW biographies/memoirs. Thank you Bellevue Schools Foundations donors!
- Interested in Summer Reading options? Check out these options below:
- Visit SORA for online access to e-books and audiobooks. Go through BSD student portal and click on the CLEVER app to easily access SORA.
- 2022-KCLS-Summer Reading Program
- It’s that magical time of year again – the start of KCLS’s Summer Reading Program! Please download the reading log and instructions. After 500 minutes of reading, bring your log to any KCLS branch for a halfway prize. Read 1,000 minutes and bring your log to any KCLS branch for a finisher prize.
- Remember, this is a challenge for all ages! In September, let’s all compare notes about what we read over the summer 😊 You can also find more information here: https://kcls.org/summer/
- Prefer book bingo? Try Seattle Public Library (yes you can use them, even living in Bellevue). Read books in each category and once you have a bingo, you will be entered into a prize drawing. View/download PDF here.
- FREE Summer Audiobook Program for teens
Any questions? Contact Mrs. Miller!
Happy Summer Reading!