AP Registration for Exams in May 2023
Registering for exams are as easy as 1 – 2 – 3
1st – Make sure student has a College Board account and knows the login.
2nd – Register in class w/join code and choose YES or NO to taking the exam.
3rd – If you choose YES, pay for each exam ($97.00). Fees will be uploaded to student accounts by Oct. 17th and payments will be due by Oct. 28th.
Questions? Need more info? Detailed instructions on how to register for an AP Exam are below.
1st – A College Board account is needed
Your student will need to have a College Board Account! For many, they already have this. The same College Board account log-in is used for PSAT, SAT and AP, so if they have ever created an account for one of these, it is done! Please do not create a 2nd account. If they do, it could prevent all of your student’s SAT scores or AP scores from correctly going to their selected college.
If you need to create an account or verify that you have one, please go to College Board’s website.
Here are some helpful hints for setting up your account or verifying your account information:
- When creating a student account please be sure the student’s name is on the account. The student does not want a parent’s name on the account when applying for college.
- If there are problems with the account, please contact College Board. High Schools are not linked to them at all, so we cannot help with issues.
- Please put your College Board log-in somewhere safe. You will use this multiples times in high school, so you’ll want to remember it.
2nd – Register for the exam.
Students will register for AP exams in their AP classes.
- In-class Registration dates: Now until Monday, October 10th.
- Students will register in each class using “join codes” given to them from their teacher in order to join the class section.
- Students will need to indicate YES they will be taking the test in May or NO they will not be. A test left registered as undecided will NOT be ordered.
- If you are self-studying for an exam or taking a class that is not geared specifically for an exam, please contact the AP Coordinator, Ms. Tomlinson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
REGISTRATION DEADLIINE for all exams is Monday, October 10th .
3rd – Pay for the exam – Exam prices are $97 this year.
- After the October 10th registration deadline, we will reconcile and put a fee on student InTouch accounts for each exam that was indicated as a YES during the registration period. Fees will be uploaded by Monday, October 17th. Please login to your TouchBase account to pay for your fees at this time. You can access your TouchBase account HERE. Payment of these fees are due by October 28th, 2022. Fees will be cleared after this date and exam decision changed to NO and no exam given.
- If you decide to NOT take the exam, please contact Ms. Tomlinson to let her know and the fee will be taken off from your student account. You will be under no obligation to pay any fee if you change your mind from YES to NO during this time.
If you need financial assistance:
- Scholarship paperwork – Scholarship paperwork will be available with the Accountant, Ms. Olsen (email@example.com). Deadline to be considered for a reduced fee is: October 14th, 2022 (adjusted exam fee only – no late fees will be covered by scholarship)
- Any students who qualify for Free & Reduced Lunch, should apply now for the 2022 – 23 school year. The cost for qualifying students is $0.00. If your student qualifies for free or reduced price meals, they may be eligible for decreased fees to participate in other school programs (such as AP exams). Make sure to complete Part 5 of the application (Sharing Information) to give permission to Nutrition Services to share school meal eligibility information with other school programs – https://bsd405.org/services/nutrition-services/free-reduced/
Payment Deadline: October 28th, 2022
Cancellation and Late Fees
- Any exams ordered after the November 14th College Board deadline will incur a $40 Late Fee per exam.
- Any exam canceled after the November 14th College Board deadline will NOT be refunded.
- Students with a 504 plan or IEP, who have testing accommodations they use at school, should speak with their counselor if they want to access these accommodations on the AP test. All accommodations needed for AP must be pre-approved by the College Board. Deadline to communicate to your counselor is Monday, October 28th.
- Once approved, please contact Ms. Tomlinson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and there is an additional step in ordering your exam.
- Have any questions? Feel free to speak with your counselor in the Counseling Center.
- Late exams will be coordinated in January/February. Bellevue School District reasons for requesting a late exams will be available soon.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 22-23 AP TESTING
- October 10, 2022 – Student communicates intent to take or not take AP Test on AP Classroom.
- October 14, 2022 – Scholarship Form due for students who do not qualify for Fee Waiver Program.
- October 17, 2022 – Fees will be loaded onto the POS system.
- October 28, 2022 – Payment deadline for May 2022 AP Testing.
– Last day to communicate to your counselor if you would like to use your classroom testing accommodations on the AP exam.
- November 14, 2022 – Any tests ordered after this date will incur an additional $40.00 fee.
– Any Tests cancelled after this date will not be refunded.
- March 14, 2023 - Final Day to Order tests – includes $40.00 late fee.