Wednesdays (Block Periods 2, 4 & 6):
|Grab & Go Snacks||12:40pm||12:55pm|
Garlic Cheese Toast with Marinara Dipping Sauce
5:15pm Volleyball (C and JV) vs. Highline HS (At Highline)
6:30pm Girls Soccer (JV/C) vs Lake Washington (AT SHS)
Chess Club Announcement:
Do you play chess? Do you want to learn how? Message Mr. Nelson (email@example.com) on TEAMS if you’re interested in joining a new chess club! The club will meet 1-2 times per week, depending on member availability.
Redhawks! There is a mariachi interest meeting on Thursday, 9/22 from 3:30-4 in the Band Room – Room 175. We will spend some time figuring out what instrument people want to play and the best time that works for everyone. Come by and check it out!
Notes from Our Accountant:
Yearbooks on sale now through September 19th for the early bird price of $40. Get yours today here https://wa-bellevue.intouchreceipting.com/
Parking spaces still available. For more information or to apply, follow this link https://bsd405.org/sammamish/resources/parking/ Enforcement starts Monday, September 12th
Washington State Fair student tickets available at the Accountant window. One per person. Pick up before school or during lunch.
National Honor Society Announcement:
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors: Interested in joining the Sammamish Chapter of Nation Honor Society? Please pick up an application and two teacher recommendation forms in Room 212. The deadline is Thursday, September 29th.
Are you a current member of NHS? Mark your calendars for two events: The first meeting on Thursday, October 6th at 3:30 pm in the library. Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity? Puesta Del Sol needs volunteers for their walk-a-thon on Friday, October 7th starting at 3:30 pm.
For more information about joining or status of current members, please email Ms. Beckerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHS Library News:
2022-2023 LIBRARY HOURS:
- M/Tu/Th/Fri: 7:15AM-3:45PM (NOTE: Library will be closed during 2nd Lunch.)
- W: 7:15AM-12:55PM
SHS Library Calendar:
- Friday, Sept. 23rd: Classes scheduled in the library periods 1, 3, 4, 5A and 6.
- Sept. 18-24, 2022: Banned Books Week! This year’s theme is “Books Unite Us. Censorship Divides Us.” For more information, visit http://www.ala.org/bbooks or stop by our school library, or local KCLS!
- Celebrate National Hispanic & Latinx Heritage Month! We celebrate NHHM in the U.S. between September 15 and October 15. During NHHM, we acknowledge the diverse contributions of Latinos to the United States. Check out KCLS’s Spanish Heritage Month page with some upcoming events and information:
LIBRARY REMINDERS, INFO & EXPECTATIONS:
- All students must sign into the library for open periods, running start or travel schedules, and students must have a pass from class when visiting the library during class time.
- The library is now a food-free zone. Please enjoy your lunch & snacks in the cafeteria/commons. You are welcome to visit the library after you are done eating lunch.
- If there are any titles or topics you would like to see added to the library, please let me know!
- New books are added on a regular basis. Stop in and see what we have. Remember: Staff can also check out books!
- Any SHS Library info will be posted in our library website: https://bsd405.org/sammamish/resources/library/
Upcoming Events & Deadlines:
Upcoming Events & Deadlines:
Upcoming College Visits, September 19th -23rd at 3pm:
Thursday: University of San Francisco (virtual) & University of Portland (in library)
Friday: Western Washington University (virtual)
*Registration is not required. For the full list of colleges visiting, please use Naviance. If you have questions regarding college visits, please email Ms. López-Kopp (email@example.com).
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) is offering a free College 101 workshop via Zoom on Saturday, September 24th at 10am. Registration is required.
- Interested in taking the ASVAB exam? Sign up HERE
- How to Brainstorm an Outstanding Personal Statement, Tuesday, September 20, 6pm. Hosted by KCLS
- Quest Bridge National Match Scholarship is due on September 27th
- Financial Aid Webinars in Spanish and English
- Looking to volunteer? Check out the events & opportunities