Mondays, Tuesdays, & Fridays (Periods 0 – 7):
Breaded Chicken Leg with Roasted Broccoli & Cornbread
5:15: Volleyball (C) SHS vs. Evergreen (AT SHS)
5:15: Volleyball (JV) SHS vs. Evergreen (AT SHS)
7:00pm Volleyball (Varsity) SHS vs. Evergreen (AT SHS)
6:30pm: Football (JV/C) SHS vs. Sultan ( AT Sultan HS)
7:30 pm Soccer (JV/C) SHS vs. Bellevue (at Bellevue HS)
SPIRIT WEEK NEXT WEEK:
Very first spirit week is starting today 9/28. Get ready to dress up and show your SHS pride! Can’t wait to see all of you show up and show out next week!
Monday is Tie Dye Day!
Tuesday is Twin Day!
Wednesday is Denim Day!
Thursday is Tropical Day!
And Friday is Decade Day! Each grade level is assigned a decade to dress up for!
Seniors: 70’s to match next week’s football game theme of 70’s disco!
Student Store Announcement:
Student Store is NOW opened after 2 years. We will be ONLY open during both lunches.
Notes from Our Accountant:
Parking spaces still available. For more information or to apply, follow this link https://bsd405.org/sammamish/resources/parking/
Washington State Fair student tickets available at the Accountant window. One per person. Pick up before school or during lunch.
National Honor Society Announcement:
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors: Interested in joining the Sammamish Chapter of Nation Honor Society? Please pick up an application and two teacher recommendation forms in Room 212. The deadline is Thursday, September 29th.
Are you a current member of NHS? Mark your calendars for two events: The first meeting on Thursday, October 6th at 3:30 pm in the library. Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity? Puesta Del Sol needs volunteers for their walk-a-thon on Friday, October 7th starting at 3:30 pm.
For more information about joining or status of current members, please email Ms. Beckerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TSA Club Announcement:
Are you interested in web design, game development or just anything STEM related? Come to Technology Student Association. No experience necessary and everyone is welcome.
Our first meeting is this Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:00 in Room 112, we meet the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month.
SHS Library News:
2022-2023 LIBRARY HOURS:
- M/Tu/Th/Fri: 7:15AM-3:45PM (NOTE: Library will be closed during 2nd Lunch.)
- W: 7:15AM-12:55PM
SHS Library Calendar:
- Monday, Sept. 26th: Classes scheduled in the library periods 3, 4, 5A, 6, and 7. Please enter & exit the library quietly.
- Tuesday, Sept. 27th: Library closed BEFORE school for a staff meeting.
- Wednesday, Sept. 28th: Classes scheduled in the library periods 2 & 4. Please enter & exit the library quietly.
- Thursday, Sept. 29th: Classes scheduled in the library periods 1, 5A & 7. Please enter & exit the library quietly. College Visits in library after school, 3:00-3:30PM.
- Friday, Sept. 30th: College Visits in library after school, 3:00-3:30PM.
- Weds, Oct. 5th: Entire library closed for World Language Competency for Credit (WLCC) Testing, 8:00AM-3:00PM. Please do NOT disturb testing in progress.
- Celebrate National Hispanic & Latinx Heritage Month! We celebrate NHHM in the U.S. between September 15 and October 15. During NHHM, we acknowledge the diverse contributions of Latinos to the United States. Check out KCLS’s Spanish Heritage Month page with some upcoming events and information:
LIBRARY REMINDERS, INFO & EXPECTATIONS:
- All students must sign into the library for open periods, running start or travel schedules, and students must have a pass from class when visiting the library during class time.
- The library is now a food-free zone. Please enjoy your lunch & snacks in the cafeteria/commons. You are welcome to visit the library after you are done eating lunch.
- If there are any titles or topics you would like to see added to the library, please let me know!
- New books are added on a regular basis. Stop in and see what we have. Remember: Staff can also check out books!
- Any SHS Library info will be posted in our library website: https://bsd405.org/sammamish/resources/library/
Upcoming Events & Deadlines:
Upcoming College Visits, September 26th – 30th at 3pm:
Monday: University of South Carolina (virtual, link in Naviance) & University of Utah
Tuesday: Chapman University & University of Nevada- Las Vegas
Thursday: Central WA University (in library), George WA University (in library) & Claremont McKenna College (in library)
Friday: UW Bothell (in library) & College of Wooster (in library)
*Registration is not required. For the full list of colleges visiting, please use Naviance. If you have questions regarding college visits, please email Ms. López-Kopp (email@example.com).
- National Public Lands Day is in need of volunteers on October 1st.
- Snowflake Lane is hiring performers
- Architecture, Construction and Engineering (ACE) Mentoring Program applications are due on October 14th
- Financial Aid Webinars in Spanish & English
- Looking for help with your college application? Schedule a meeting with Lόpez-Kopp