Mondays, Tuesdays, & Fridays (Periods 0 – 7):
Big League Chicken SW with Baked Fries & “Homerun Sauce”
6:30pm: Girls Soccer (Varsity) SHS vs. Foster (AT SHS)
SPIRIT WEEK NEXT WEEK:
Get ready to dress up and show your SHS pride! Can’t wait to see all of you show up and dressed with each day’s theme.
Friday is Decade Day! Each grade level is assigned a decade to dress up for!
Seniors: 70’s to match next week’s football game theme of 70’s disco!
Seniors! Senior Blitz is happening, please make sure to check the main office windows to check out what time and date your appointment is. Make sure to bring a charged computer and ALWAYS check in with the main office before heading back.
Picture Retakes are on October 6th from 8-3pm.
National Honor Society:
Are you a current member of NHS? Mark your calendars for two events: The first meeting on Thursday, October 6th at 3:30 pm in the library. Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity? Puesta Del Sol needs volunteers for their walk-a-thon on Friday, October 7th starting at 3:30 pm.
For more information about joining or status of current members, please email Ms. Beckerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Store Announcement:
Student store is now open during both lunches Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. We appreciate your support!
Notes from Our Accountant:
Parking spaces still available. For more information or to apply, follow this link https://bsd405.org/sammamish/resources/parking/
“Lost in Space” HOMECOMING DANCE is Saturday, October 15th from 8p-11pm. Tickets will be sold NOW at the Accountant’s Window (before school and lunches): Ticket are also available online, except for guest passes.
Week One (9/26-9/30) $20 ASB, $25 w/o ASB, $30 outside guests*
Documentary Club Announcement:
Join Documentary Club starting October 5th! Watch movies, eat snacks, and meet other people passionate about film! We meet every 1st and 3rd Wednesday from 1-2:30pm in room 120.
SHS Library News:
2022-2023 LIBRARY HOURS:
- M/Tu/Th/Fri: 7:15AM-3:45PM (NOTE: Library will be closed during 2nd Lunch.)
- W: 7:15AM-12:55PM
SHS Library Calendar:
- Tues, Oct. 4th: Classes scheduled in the library periods 1-5. Please enter & exit the library quietly.
- Weds, Oct. 5th: Entire library closed for World Language Competency for Credit (WLCC) Testing, 8:00AM-3:00PM. Please do NOT disturb testing in progress.
- Celebrate National Hispanic & Latinx Heritage Month! We celebrate NHHM in the U.S. between September 15 and October 15. During NHHM, we acknowledge the diverse contributions of Latinos to the United States. Check out KCLS’s Spanish Heritage Month page with some upcoming events and information:
LIBRARY REMINDERS, INFO & EXPECTATIONS:
- All students must sign into the library for open periods, running start or travel schedules, and students must have a pass from class when visiting the library during class time.
- The library is now a food-free zone. Please enjoy your lunch & snacks in the cafeteria/commons. You are welcome to visit the library after you are done eating lunch.
- If there are any titles or topics you would like to see added to the library, please let me know!
- New books are added on a regular basis. Stop in and see what we have. Remember: Staff can also check out books!
- Any SHS Library info will be posted in our library website: https://bsd405.org/sammamish/resources/library/
Upcoming Events & Deadlines:
Upcoming College Visits, September 26th – 30th at 3pm:
- Friday: UW Bothell (in library) & College of Wooster (in library)
*Registration is not required. For the full list of colleges visiting, please use Naviance. If you have questions regarding college visits, please email Ms. López-Kopp (email@example.com).
- National Public Lands Day is in need of volunteers on October 1st.
- Snowflake Lane is hiring performers
- Architecture, Construction and Engineering (ACE) Mentoring Program applications are due on October 14th
- Financial Aid Webinars in Spanish & English
- Looking for help with your college application? Schedule a meeting with Lόpez-Kopp