Freshman and New Student Orientation, Taking Care of Business Day & Pictures
Mark your calendars for August 29, 2023, as we have an exciting day planned. Freshman and New Student Orientation, coupled with Taking Care of Business, has been thoughtfully scheduled for your convenience. Here’s a breakdown of the day’s schedule:
Freshman and New Student Orientation:
- Time: 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- This session is designed to help newcomers acclimate to our school culture, forge connections with peers – old and new – and get a feel for our vibrant learning environment.
- Students will have the opportunity to have their school picture taken for their ID cards.
- Collect their laptops.
- Sign up for Orca cards if needed.
- A Freshman and New Student Parent Meeting will also be held on the same day, from 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM (PAC), offering insights into our school’s vision and expectations.
Taking Care of Business for Returning Students:
- Time: 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Returning students, we haven’t forgotten you! This session is tailored to cater to your needs.
- School pictures for IDs will be taken during this time.
- If you need an Orca card, representatives will be on hand to help with this process.
- Have adjustments to your schedule in mind? You can submit schedule change forms (be mindful that there is no guarantee that your request will be granted).
- Pick up parking passes for those who have secured parking passes online (starting August 21, 2023, you can apply for parking passes through our online portal).
Furthermore, the Family Connection Center will be open for families who have requested bookbags and school supplies. This service is pivotal to our students’ success, and we are committed to supporting you in every way possible.
Yuen Lui Studio will photograph individual portraits at Sammamish High School on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
- Families can preorder photos via this link: 2023-24 Sammamish High School Picture Days 8/29
- Print orders will be shipped directly to families’ homes three weeks after picture day; digital orders will be sent via email in two-three weeks after picture day
Be sure to come camera ready! This portrait will be used for your student ID card and yearbook photo
Picture Makeup Day: September 6th
Retake Day: October 31st and November 1st
Click here for more information SHS Student Parking