Enroll Your Student
Please do not email your enrollment documents. Instead follow the entire remote enrollment process and upload the documents via our secure portal.
Prepare and save all documents required to upload to the secure portal in the same folder on your computer.
- Residency Documents
- Enrollment Packet and Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS form 20-21)
- Any Additional Required Documents that apply to your individual student(s)
- Any Additional Required Forms that apply to your individual student(s)
- Upload Your Documents
All families are required to establish residency prior to student enrollment by providing 2 bullet items from Residency Checklist.
You will need to provide the full documents (scanned, PDF or photo of full document), please save the documents with your student’s full name. Save these documents to your computer using this naming format – LAST NAME (all capital), first names of all students you are enrolling: for example: SMITH-KELLY, John, Joe, Sue.
Do you have at least two bullet items from the Residency Checklist?
- If yes, you may continue with the enrollment process.
- If no, please continue with the enrollment process and upload the residency documents you currently have with your enrollment packet. Student Placement will contact you to complete a residency agreement giving you additional time to collect and provide the remaining documents. Once you have signed the residency agreement, your student’s enrollment documents can be processed.
Save these documents to your computer using this naming format – LAST NAME (all capital), first names of all students you are enrolling: for example: SMITH-KELLY, John, Joe, Sue
If you do not have PDF/electronic versions of the documents we accept (see above), there are several free apps that will convert photos to a scan document using your mobile device. A free easy to use app called “Scannable” is available in your app store. You can also take pictures of all your documents. We understand that is a very time-consuming process. If you do need to take pictures, please make sure that the documents are centered in the frame of the picture, that the document is as clear as possible (not dark) and that all the fields are readable.
You can also copy and paste pictures into a word document and save it as a PDF using the naming format above.
Tip: You can login (or create and login) to your Puget Sound Energy (PSE) account, download and save 2 months of bills as a PDF from your payment history to upload.
Enrollment Packet and Certificate of Immunization Status
After you have collected and saved your residency documents in the same folder on your computer, download the Enrollment Packet and Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS form 20-21).
IMPORTANT: Before filling out these forms, download and save them to your computer (the fillable features are not compatible in some browsers).
- Enrollment Packet 2020-2021: English (PDF) / Spanish (PDF) / Simplified Chinese (PDF)
- Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS form 20-21): English (PDF) / Spanish (PDF) / Simplified Chinese (PDF)
An important note on immunizations:
- A new Washington State Law requires all students starting school in September 2020 have their Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form signed by a doctor. If your student has received all their immunizations in Washington State, you may be able to simply download your student’s immunization form from the Washington State Department of Health website here. If you do not have a medically signed immunization form, please reach out to your student’s doctor to arrange for vaccinations; it is our understanding pediatricians are still vaccinating students. If you can quickly get in, wait to enroll until you have the vaccinations.
Save the enrollment packet on your computer, in the same folder you saved your residency documents, and rename it using this naming format: School year LAST NAME, first name, grade enrollment. Example: 2020-2021 SMITH-KELLY, John 10th grade enrollment
- Tip: if you have more than one student to enroll, complete and save the entire packet first and then Save As the completed packet with your next student’s name using the same naming format (2020-2021 SMITH-KELLY, Joe 8th grade enrollment). Then update the form with the second student’s unique information.
- IMPORTANT: you will upload each student separately. Residency documents need to be uploaded for each student.
The enrollment packet requires signatures in several places. The forms can be signed using a digital signature.
- If you are completing the enrollment packet on a computer which is the recommended method, first save the enrollment packet to your computer (the signature box features are not compatible with some browsers).
- Click into the signature box and follow the steps that are provided.
- A “Save As” box will appear after each signature asking if you want to replace the document each time a signature is required – select YES .
- If you are completing the enrollment packet on your phone, please use the pen feature to sign each document. Please note, some phone operating systems will not allow you to upload all the required documents. Contact at email@example.com if you are having difficulty uploading your forms or do not have access to a computer.
Additional Required Documents
We request the following additional documents be provided when enrolling a student. Scanned copies of the original documents will be accepted at this time with originals being submitted to the school for copies to be made when schools reopen.
- Birth certificate or passport to establish age. This is required for kindergarten and first grade. To enroll in kindergarten a student must be 5 by August 31 of the year they start kindergarten, for 1st grade a student must be 6 by August 31 of the year they start 1st grade.
The following documents are requested to help ensure appropriate placement of your student:
- For Special Education
- The most recent IEP and current evaluation
- The current 504 plan
- The most recent Individual Health Plan or doctor’s treatment orders
- For grades 1-8
- The most recent report card
- For grades 9-12
- The most recent report card and/or transcripts of classes completed; this information is needed to ensure the student is enrolled in the right courses and will have enough credits to graduate
Additional Required Forms
Medication Authorization Form
This form is only required for students who will take medication at school.Download
Medical History & Exam for Athletics
This form is only required for high school students participating in athletics.Download
Middle School Tdap Vaccination Form
This form is only required for students entering middle school.Download
Support for Native American Students (Title VI Program) Form
This form is only required for students who select Native American Indian in the Race and Ethnicity section of the enrollment form.Download
Bellevue School District Learning Models for the fall 2020-21 school year
When you access the secure portal to upload your documents, you will be asked the learning model preference for your student. Please review this information; links are provided for access to more complete information and to review sample schedules.
Families that opt to participate in a Hybrid Learning model will begin school in a Temporary Remote Learning model with the plan to move to the Hybrid Learning model when infection rates are significantly lower. This will be re-evaluated after the first six weeks of school.
Elementary Hybrid: elementary students in grades PreK-2 will attend full time in person following the normal school day schedule, which includes early release on Wednesdays, grades 3-5 will divide their time between in-school and remote learning in the hybrid model. Students will be assigned to Group A or Group B. Each group will attend school in-person two (2) days per week and will learn remotely three (3) days per week.
Secondary Hybrid: middle and high school students will divide their time between in-school and remote learning. Students will be assigned to Group A or Group B. Groups A and B will attend school in-person two (2) days per week and will learn remotely three (3) days per week. On Wednesdays, classes will learn together online as a full group.
Families that opt to participate in 100% remote are enrolled in the BSD Virtual Learning model and will remain there for the first semester.
This option is available to students regardless if we return to school in Hybrid Learning or under Temporary Remote Learning.
Upload Your Documents
When you access the secure portal, you will be asked to enter the learning model preference for your student. Before you click on the link to access the secure portal, please review the Learning Model information above; you may go to Fall Planning for more complete information.
If you have more than one student to enroll, you will complete the upload process individually for each student.
To submit your documents click here to access the secure portal.
On the submission page select the school year (2020-2021) from the drop down. Then input the information requested in each field.
Selecting the Attendance Area School:
- General Enrollment: Select your attendance area school. If you do not know your school, visit our Find Your School page and search for it here by entering your address and student’s grade. Unless you have approval from the District to attend a different school, you will need to enroll in your attendance area school.
- Approved Transfer or Advanced Learning: If your student has been accepted to a school through open enrollment, transfer request or through the advanced learning program, please select your approved school.
- Choice School/Program: If your student has been accepted to Big Picture, International, Jing Mei, Puesta del Sol, or the Spanish Dual Language program, please select Choice School/Program and list the school in the comments.
- Nonresident Students: If your student is a nonresident student who has been approved to attend school in the District, please select the approved school.
Complete the remaining fields.
Upload your documents and select submit.
TIP: If you have multiple documents to submit – your upload may timeout before the submission is complete, in this case you may have to upload your documents in more than 1 portal submission.
A notification page will appear when your submission is complete, this is your confirmation that you have successfully submitted your student’s enrollment packet. You will not receive an email notification.
You will be contacted at the email address you provide if the enrollment packet is incomplete and further documents or information is needed.
If additional residency documents are required you will be contacted by Student Placement (SPResidency@bsd405.org) to complete a residency agreement.
If all required residency and enrollment documents have been received you will be notified when your student’s enrollment is complete – please be patient you may not be contacted for a few weeks depending on the volume of submissions.