Summer Testing Applications
What qualifications are needed to apply?
- Any parent of a BSD student in grades 1 – 11 (currently in or just completed) who moved to the Bellevue School District after October 31, 2023 can apply for their child to test.
- Any parent of a private/home-school student in grades 1 – 11 (currently in or just completed) who lives within the Bellevue School District service area can apply for their child to test.
Parents of Kindergarten students moving into the district following the district-wide screening, may apply for winter testing in fall of the following school year as a 1st grader.
Parents wishing to refer their own child for testing should complete an application online. Additionally, any staff member, student, or community member may refer a child who lives within the Bellevue School District service area for advanced learning services by submitting the child’s name, grade, school and student number (if known) to the Advanced Learning Office via email at email@example.com or by calling (425) 456-4136. For students referred by a party other than their parent, parents will be notified and invited to complete an application for testing.
If your child is attending BSD on an inter-district transfer, they are ineligible to test with us during the summer. You must live in the Bellevue School District in order to apply for summer testing.
When are applications accepted?
Applications will be available at the beginning of May. The deadline to apply is the end of June by 4:00 pm.
When is summer testing?
Students in grades 1—11 will test all day (approx. 8:00 am—2:00 pm). Identified students will receive services beginning fall 2024.
Please refer to the following table for testing dates. Students test at the grade level just completed:
|1 – 4||July TBD, 2024||AM||PM|
|5 – 8||July TBD, 2024||AM||PM|
|9 – 11||July TBD, 2024||AM||PM|
- What is Advanced Learning?
- Services We Provide
- Application Process
- Screening Process
- Testing Dates
- Identification Process
- Change of Service Options
- Advanced Learning Curriculum
- Math Placement
- Additional Resources