The Bellevue School District has developed cleaning regimens for our facilities and buses consistent with Department of Health guidance and the Infection Control Handbook (2010).
BSD has developed a cleaning regimen in our facilities and buses consistent with Department of Health guidance and the Infection Control Handbook.
According to the CDC, “the primary and most important mode of transmission for COVID-19 is through close contact from person-to-person. Based on data from lab studies on COVID-19 and what we know about similar respiratory diseases, it may be possible for a person to get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this isn’t thought to be the main way the virus spreads.”
Out of an abundance of caution, BSD has established comprehensive cleaning protocols to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission, including:
- A focus on high-use touch point areas, such as door handles, faucets and railings
- Custodians will disinfect daily touch points and adjust cleaning schedules based on current touch points
- Supplying and refilling sanitizing wipes in each classroom
- Installing hand sanitizing dispensers throughout schools to be refilled consistently
- The use of electrostatic sprayers for wider disinfecting of areas upon confirmed COVID-19 cases
The district is maintaining large quantities of supplies for hand sanitizing and surface cleaning.
To effectively clean all surfaces, students and staff will assist in sanitizing their spaces. Students will clean their desks and touch points on their chairs before and after their time in class.
- Cleaning Regimens
- Closure Protocols and Reporting
- Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
- Face Coverings
- Physical Distancing in the Classroom
- Hand Washing Procedures
- Screening for COVID-19
- Transportation: Physical Distancing on Buses
- Visitors & Access To School Buildings and Campuses
- COVID-19 Information