Drive-Thru Diagnostic Testing
Last updated May 2, 2022
BSD offers drive-thru diagnostic PCR testing for BSD students and employees who show symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19. WA-DOH recommends getting tested 3-5 days after a possible exposure, regardless of vaccination status.
Our funding for this testing does not allow us to provide testing for people who need to test prior to travel.
The details of drive-thru testing are as follows:
Who can participate?
BSD students and employees who have symptoms of COVId-19, or do not have symptoms but have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19 (testing recommended 3-5 days after exposure).
Symptoms of COVID-19, commonly include:
- Runny nose or nasal congestion
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Nausea or vomiting
- Shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
People who have COVID-19 can have only one of the above symptoms, many symptoms or be asymptomatic. Visit our Too Sick for School? webpage for more information.
What is offered?
- Diagnostic testing will be completed via a shallow nasal swab using Atlas Genomics PCR (polymerase chain reaction). Rapid antigen tests will not be offered.
- Students and employees will self-administer the nasal swab from their vehicle under the direction of a trained test observer. A student’s parent or guardian may assist by swabbing the nose using the same process instead of self-administration.
- Insurance is not required to test.
- Please note, drive through testing is by appointment only.
When will testing be offered?
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Where will drive-thru testing take place?
Educational Service Center W (ESC W)
12011 NE 1st
Bellevue, WA 98005
Click the link below and follow the instructions to sign up for a drive-thru test:
- Register your student or sign-in to an existing account using the provided link. Employees will register themselves.
- Provide consent to test and accept to link account with BSD.
- Add accounts for additional students.
- Go to the Test Directly homepage.
- Click on the Test Directly logo in the top left-hand corner or sign out and sign back into your account.
- From the homepage, schedule a drive-thru test with BSD.
- View Order Summary.
- Select “Schedule” to choose a date and time for the test.
- Enter insurance information.
- Select “New: Insurance” to enter insurance information or select “New: Uninsured” to participate in the HRSA COVID-19 program which covers COVID testing for uninsured individuals through the CARES Act.
- Select “Place Order” to schedule test.
- Save a copy of your order form to bring to your test.
- Select “Email” to email yourself a copy.
- Select “Download” to save a copy to your device.
Things to Bring
- Please bring a digital copy of your order form. This will be used as confirmation of your appointment and will expedite the testing process.
- A mask.
- No photo ID is required.
Getting Your Results
- You will receive a text message and email when results are available. Sign into your Test Directly account to access your report.
- You can also view your report by entering the Order ID, DOB, and Access Key OR the 16-character QR Code provided during your test and DOB.
- Expect results in 48-72 hours.
Important: Students and employees who have symptoms who complete diagnostic tests MUST NOT go back to school or work after their test. They should wait until results are returned. Learn more on when to return to school on our Too Sick for School? webpage.
Learn More About the Process
Please contact COVIDTesting@bsd405.org for any questions around this process.