Screening for COVID-19
The Bellevue School District has developed a daily health screening plan for students and staff.
Need to login to Health Check? Visit our Health Check page to login and find additional resources.
Prior to Arrival
All parents and guardians will attest that their student is symptom-free. BSD will implement daily parent/guardian health check via the Health Check website or other methods (phone call, written note). If a parent/guardian answers yes to any of the screening questions, the student will be asked to stay home.
All students must have a completed health check asking if they have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 100.4F (38C) or above
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
Students will also be asked:
- Have you been in close contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19?
- Have you had a positive COVID-19 test for active virus in the past 10 days?
- Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told you to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID19 infection?
The symptoms above overlap with common chronic conditions, e.g. asthma, diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome, seasonal allergies, life-threatening allergies, irritable-bowel syndrome, congenital heart conditions, etc. These symptoms also overlap with common infectious diseases, e.g. influenza, the common cold, norovirus (stomach flu), roseola, etc. A student who presents with symptoms that are related to a condition that is not COVID-19, may return to school with a negative COVID-19 test or with a letter from their healthcare provider indicating that their symptoms are not related to COVID-19.
BSD will implement daily parent/guardian health check via the Health Check website or other methods (phone call, written note). Staff members will be assigned to review health checks for YES and for students whose health checks are not submitted.
- If parent/guardian attests YES, student will be retrieved from class and wait with mask in a wellness room until they can be picked up to go home
- If no health check is submitted for a student present at school, staff will be assigned to call home to request verbal health check or prompt a digital health check
- If a student has a temperature of 100 or higher, they will be asked to step aside and be re-screened with another thermometer
- Staff will be trained in how to protect student privacy during re-screening
- If a student has a verified temperature of 100.4 of higher, they will be brought to the wellness room until they can be picked up to go home
- If families have answered YES to any questions on the daily health check or the student has a temperature of 100.4 or higher, family will be given handout on next steps and when the student can return to school
- School staff will inform the school nurse of a YES answer on the health check or of a fever for follow up
- School staff members will be trained on signs and symptoms of COVID-19 to look for during the school day and at entry for students who may be feeling unwell
BSD will implement the same daily health check via the Health Check website.
- Staff who answer YES to any of the questions should stay home. Staff will be provided information on when they can return to work
- Staff can take their temperature at home or participate in temperature screening on entry at school
- Any staff who arrives at work with symptoms will be sent home and provided a handout with next steps and information on when they can return to work
- Visitation will be limited, but for those who must enter the buildings, BSD will implement in-person screening with thermometer and health screening questions via the LobbyGuard system
- Any visitor answering YES or with a fever of 100.4 or higher will be asked to leave the building and given a handout with next steps and when they can return
- Cleaning Regimens
- Closure Protocols and Reporting
- Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
- Face Coverings
- Physical Distancing in the Classroom
- Hand Washing Procedures
- Screening for COVID-19
- Transportation: Physical Distancing on Buses
- Visitors & Access To School Buildings and Campuses
- COVID-19 Information