Fentanyl Crisis Resources
With the tragic deaths of students in Seattle and King County from the deadly opioid fentanyl, Bellevue School District is providing information and resources to families and taking action to protect and educate students.
Things to Know:
- Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid most commonly prescribed to treat severe pain, such as advanced cancer pain.
- It is many times more powerful than other opioids.
- Most cases of recent fentanyl-related overdoses are due to illegally made fentanyl being used for non-medical reasons.
- Law enforcement agencies throughout the Puget Sound region, including the Bellevue Police Department, have found fake prescription drugs laced with fentanyl.
- The drugs look like traditional prescription drugs and you can’t tell if there is fentanyl in them by looking at them.
Overdose Prevention and Response Information
- COVID-19 Health and Safety
- School Module for Immunization Records
- School Nurses
- Required Health Forms
- Individual Health Plans
- Too Sick for School?
- Vision & Hearing Screening
- Health Resources
- Fentanyl Crisis Resources