Monday, May 29, 2023, BSD will be closed in observation of Memorial Day, an annual day of remembrance.
School will resume Tuesday, May 30, 2023.
Fentanyl Crisis Resources
With the tragic deaths of students in Seattle and King County from the deadly opioid fentanyl, Bellevue School District is providing information and resources to families and taking action to protect and educate students.
Things to Know:
- Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid most commonly prescribed to treat severe pain, such as advanced cancer pain.
- It is many times more powerful than other opioids.
- Most cases of recent fentanyl-related overdoses are due to illegally made fentanyl being used for non-medical reasons.
- Law enforcement agencies throughout the Puget Sound region, including the Bellevue Police Department, have found fake prescription drugs laced with fentanyl.
- The drugs look like traditional prescription drugs and you can’t tell if there is fentanyl in them by looking at them.
Overdose Prevention and Response Information
- Public Health – Seattle & King County
- Fentanyl Warning for Parents and Students:
- Washington Recovery Help Line 1-866-789-1511
- Alcohol & Drug Helpline (206) 722-3700
- Crisis Connections 1-866-427-4747
- Youth Eastside Services
- CHANGES Parent Support Network
- Take Back Your Meds – Find a medicine take-back location near you.
- DisposeRX – A substance available at most pharmacies that is mixed with pills and warm water to render them useless and able to be thrown away.
- COVID-19 Health and Safety
- School Module for Immunization Records
- School Nurses
- Required Health Forms
- Individual Health Plans
- Too Sick for School?
- Vision & Hearing Screening
- Health Resources
- Fentanyl Crisis Resources